Black Goat of the Woods

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Black Goat of the Woods

Post by MrMorden » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:25 am

From the "Cthulhu: Death May Die" miniatures game. Not my best work, but a good chance for me to practice wet blending, which I struggle with.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Black Goat of the Woods

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:53 am

Very cool, great job!
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:14 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:53 am
Very cool, great job!
Thank you sir!

NiandoBG
Ogre
Ogre

Post by NiandoBG » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:04 pm

Looks very cool.
8-) 8-) 8-)

We played today a Mansion of Madness game with friends and won the first time in this setting. After three failures in different missions.

I missed the Cthulhu Death may die KS but had the chance to play it a month ago. In the meantime I was able to buy the 2. season and the small add ons. The main game is not available in my language at the moment. I hope that they do a reprint of the main game soon.

Do you have the Reilhy expansion as well?
That’s the real challenge to paint :lol:
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:18 pm

NiandoBG wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:04 pm
Looks very cool.
8-) 8-) 8-)

We played today a Mansion of Madness game with friends and won the first time in this setting. After three failures in different missions.

I missed the Cthulhu Death may die KS but had the chance to play it a month ago. In the meantime I was able to buy the 2. season and the small add ons. The main game is not available in my language at the moment. I hope that they do a reprint of the main game soon.

Do you have the Reilhy expansion as well?
That’s the real challenge to paint :lol:
How did you enjoy the game? I have not had a chance to play it yet. I bought the game because the miniatures could do double duty with the "Call of Cthulhu" RPG and the monsters could be used in other games as well.

I didn't get the huge Cthulhu miniature. I really wanted it, but in the end I could not really justify the storage space for something that large I would only use once or twice.

NiandoBG
Ogre
Ogre

Post by NiandoBG » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:27 am

MrMorden wrote:
Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:18 pm

How did you enjoy the game? I have not had a chance to play it yet. I bought the game because the miniatures could do double duty with the "Call of Cthulhu" RPG and the monsters could be used in other games as well.
I liked the game. Due to COVID 19 I just played it with a friend of mine outside. So I cannot tell you how it plays with more players.

What I really like is the game mechanic that you get better and better with the increase of your madness till you are completely mad.
It is a lot of fun to decide how the madness increases your skills.
As in other games there is a loot mechanic and most often a choice is involved. Of course is the replayability with the choice limited. If you did the choice already and the loot card appears in an other game as well. But you have many campaigns and you can „customize“ the game by selecting the scenario and the evil opponent. I expect that gives a lot of replayability.

Beside that the playing time is much shorter compared to other Cthulhu Boardgames like Arkham Horror (2nd edition), Eldrith Horror or Mansion of Madness.

Not sure if the game is for everyone. Because there is a high likelihood that you will not win against Cthulhu. Not every person enjoys to struggle and fail.
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:27 am

Thanks for the detailed write up! I spent some time reading the rules and it seems very fun. Arkham Horror is fun, but can get very complicated. This seems simpler and thus easier to convince my wife and other casual gamers to play with me.

I also really like that you can play the game alone, like solitaire with monsters! 😆

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:12 am

That’s a great paint job. Nice choice of colors. I think your blends look very good. The color transition on the stomach area is very nicely done.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:13 am

That’s a great paint job. Nice choice of colors. I think your blends look very good. The color transition on the stomach area is very nicely done.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:37 am

Arcarius2001 wrote:
Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:12 am
Thank you sir.

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”