BotM and Alternate Builds

Blue Prophet
Orc
Orc

Re: BotM and Alternate Builds

Post by Blue Prophet » Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:44 pm

Where did you get those backdrops Rabbit?

Perhaps you've shared that before, but I don't recall. Those elevate the photography immensely.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:11 pm

He did mention it's from a mat site and linked it. I just ordered this shower curtain to see what it's like. Can always return it if not usable.
shower curtain.jpg
shower curtain.jpg (53.16 KiB) Viewed 188 times
I'm only counting on using the upper half, but that's fine.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:24 pm

Super clever idea. I booked marked/stashed in my cart a few of those options. Will be interested to learn how it goes with it. Already has the holes in the top to help with hanging from a rod behind a setup.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:30 pm

Blue Prophet wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 2:44 pm Where did you get those backdrops Rabbit?

Perhaps you've shared that before, but I don't recall. Those elevate the photography immensely.
We got a bunch from Patriot Games in Sheffield in the UK and they certainly elevate the pictures especially when we consider what is behind them ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:32 pm

zenako wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:18 am Nice builds there RB. As I mentioned in another thread, just playing around with our Castle Toys and seeing what you can build can be tons of fun and enjoyment. Just like when kids are building stuff with the old Lincoln Logs, or Bridge and Girder sets, or even just blocks. More expensive and better-looking toys, but still tons of fun. It is nice seeing just how much more playable space gets created by the additions to the deluxe package.
Cannot agree with you more.

we have felt like big kids playing with our toys, and that exactly who we are :)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:33 pm

William wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:11 pm He did mention it's from a mat site and linked it. I just ordered this shower curtain to see what it's like. Can always return it if not usable.
shower curtain.jpg
I'm only counting on using the upper half, but that's fine.
Nice William :) looking forward to seeing the results

realarete
Ogre
Ogre

Post by realarete » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 pm

Great builds RB!
Does the deluxe version come with that Giant were-rabbit? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have decided to unpack my watch tower and try some builds with it .... I have also ordered some crenellations which just arrived today, and the batter base - unpainted, so I have to do some work first!

NiandoBG
Ogre
Ogre

Post by NiandoBG » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:46 pm

Yeah cool castle builds.

Reminds me to do a new castle build after I managed to paint all my Hellscape pieces... :lol:

I really like the castle line and cross my fingers that we will get some extension in a KS not that far away...

Btw: RB you showed us, that the promised Sci-if KS?/Set could easily be a castle thing, just add some space marines and it is Sci-if. :lol: ;)
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:47 pm

Hope the weave of the curtain isn't to large, guess I'll know when it arrives.
Your last background looks foldable and also appears to have industrial pipes and plumbing on the left end. Am I seeing that correctly?

Your castle iterations are awesome. :)

Someday :( I'll cave and get the Castle Walls and Gate, but that'll be a few years off. With what I do have, I can still build a small castle. Just wish they sold the Gate without the side castle walls. There is one unpainted on eBay, but it's a bit high for my liking. Maybe they'll get tired of sitting on it and reduce the price. It was a single piece in the KS, but now it's not in store without the walls. Should have done it in KS.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:51 pm

realarete wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:34 pm Great builds RB!
Does the deluxe version come with that Giant were-rabbit? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have decided to unpack my watch tower and try some builds with it .... I have also ordered some crenellations which just arrived today, and the batter base - unpainted, so I have to do some work first!
Have some fun. I am just finishing up painting some large tower batter base sets this week that I had ordered a while back, and they go pretty quick. Only have some greens to apply on some moss, but 3 sets will end up taking just about 2 hours for me, so likely under an hour of actual painting time for 1 set. (There are some economies of scale with shaking paint, and washing out brushes, etc. and I find when dry brushing that the more you do at one time the quicker it gets as the brush gets saturated just right easier.

Return to “COOL PHOTOS OF DF SETS!”