DF's Painted Townspeople!

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: DF's Painted Townspeople!

Post by unclebilly » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:48 pm

Timcz83 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:33 pm
I actually just got mine, and have to say probably the most disappointing thing I’ve got from DF so far. Each of my pairs are painted the same (which I kind of expected), but they’re all very similar colours - mostly dark greens and brown/cream.

Dunno, I think I was just expecting a bit more. Particularly with the “noble” model.

I would have loved mine to look like astolats ones.
Those are awful :shock: Looking at them closer they look more like they where painted the same but one has a brown wash and one has a black wash on it.

Timcz83
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Timcz83 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:48 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:48 pm
Timcz83 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:33 pm
I actually just got mine, and have to say probably the most disappointing thing I’ve got from DF so far. Each of my pairs are painted the same (which I kind of expected), but they’re all very similar colours - mostly dark greens and brown/cream.

Dunno, I think I was just expecting a bit more. Particularly with the “noble” model.

I would have loved mine to look like astolats ones.
Those are awful :shock: Looking at them closer they look more like they where painted the same but one has a brown wash and one has a black wash on it.
Up close they look pretty much identical. If there is a different wash they’re almost too similar to matter.

Not much I can do about it. Just makes me weary of buying random packs of minis going forward.

gwhansen
Goblin
Goblin

Post by gwhansen » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:01 pm

So i also ordered some townspeople recently thinking they would look like astolats and they look exactly like the ones Timcz83 received (identical to those as far as I can tell). They all kind of look the same and I was disappointed. However, they are (mostly) just for filling in towns and taverns so its hardly the end of the world but still...astolats look so much better :cry:

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:18 am

DFs minis are awful dark in paint. I got the minis sample pack and was a bit disappointed by it.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:56 am

It's not ideal, but you could always go over a few of them yourself with a brush to add variation.

Mass produced painted minis are always going to be on the rough side.

ChrilleT
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ChrilleT » Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:39 am

Ordered during latest restock and mine are also the same. Was expecting that and did not now at the time that DF had made them with different paint scheme and it would have been a nice surprise if they still did it that way.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:46 pm

I bought a set just after the KS and split them with someone. At the time, the sets were painted as twins. I liked them we) enough. The subdued colors look like real folks with access to vegetable dyes.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:31 pm

I like muted colors but not that they are no longer different paint schemes, but originally DF did not plan to make them different so I guess the new ones are more like what was originally promised.

Picture from the original KS

Picture of actual minis when KS first fulfilled

ChrilleT
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ChrilleT » Sun Aug 18, 2019 4:40 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:31 pm
I like muted colors but not that they are no longer different paint schemes, but originally DF did not plan to make them different so I guess the new ones are more like what was originally promised.
Did not back that KS and bought the minis from the webshop but it´s actually written on the bottom of the Addon picture you posted that they would be painted differently. Or is it something i´m missing. However in my case when I ordered from the webshop I believed that there would not be any difference so I got what I expected.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:02 pm

Yeah, from the beginning they were supposed to be two different paints. I remember it being talked about and it is written right on the add-on graphic. I never got the full pack so do not know about changes.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”