Boat items in KS8?

Post Reply
User avatar
SwissArmyMage
Orc
Orc
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2020 9:26 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Re: Boat items in KS8?

Post by SwissArmyMage » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:57 pm

If they did a smaller KS I think the place to start would actually be catacombs, as people are very eager to see a revisit to that set and I expect it would be a safe option.

This could also be a way to introduce expansions to preexisting sets, alternate styles for dungeons or roof types as Kite suggested.

It would probably end up looking like plaguestone, with a mix of old and new sculpts. PS didn't exactly do well, but it had some basic problems like mistiming with the module it was intended to be used for and poor communication. If they fixed these issues going forward the model could see some success in the future.
Link to my drive with photos of my custom painted collection.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Updated with new pics on occasion.

Clint_Lundgren
Orc
Orc
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Re: Boat items in KS8?

Post by Clint_Lundgren » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:41 pm

I would definitely buy a few sets of a remastered catacombs. That is exactly what I want from DF: options that allow me to build cool sets.

I look at each map I build as being a little world, and DF as supplying the foundations of that world. Nobody else is even close to them in that department. I can then fill the world with pieces I get from lots of sources, knowing that it will all be held together by a DF backbone, if that makes sense.

In that context, I can see why some folks would like to see a DF modular ship, since ships do essentially become sets in their own right for lots of RPG scenarios, much like taverns and castles.

User avatar
Seraphis the Bland
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:04 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Boat items in KS8?

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:55 pm

I would be in for catacombs. I just want them to be Dwarvenite.

Talistran
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: Boat items in KS8?

Post by Talistran » Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:18 am

Seraphis the Bland wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:55 pm I would be in for catacombs. I just want them to be Dwarvenite.
I sold my catacombs years back. I'd love to have them back in Dwarvenite. I moved to 99% dwarvenite because my 15 year old is playing with his friends too and my 10 year old is on the way up

Starved Hound
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 635
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:34 am
Location: Northern Ireland

Re: Boat items in KS8?

Post by Starved Hound » Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:19 am

Talistran wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:18 am
Seraphis the Bland wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:55 pm I would be in for catacombs. I just want them to be Dwarvenite.
I sold my catacombs years back. I'd love to have them back in Dwarvenite. I moved to 99% dwarvenite because my 15 year old is playing with his friends too and my 10 year old is on the way up
Need those pieces kid proof 🙂

I don't care what material they are made from. Hell, they could even be made from the sweat and tears of the DF team. So long as they make a comeback.

But all avenues suggest that it will never happen. 😪
The Starved Hound has only just now evolved to run on all fours, like the animal that he is. Currently possess over 2500 pieces of Valoria

User avatar
Seraphis the Bland
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:04 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Boat items in KS8?

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:49 pm

YES! they have to be kid-proof. And those teens, they may love the game, but they're clumsy as hell. hahaha

User avatar
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 7149
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:03 pm
Location: South Weber, UT

Re: Boat items in KS8?

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:59 pm

Seraphis the Bland wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:49 pm YES! they have to be kid-proof. And those teens, they may love the game, but they're clumsy as hell. hahaha
Not just teens...
101 Resin and 293 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Please see my list of stuff for sale for some awesome deals at 10% lower than anywhere else! Located HERE!

Talistran
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2156
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:52 pm

Re: Boat items in KS8?

Post by Talistran » Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:13 pm

AnimeSensei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:59 pm
Seraphis the Bland wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:49 pm YES! they have to be kid-proof. And those teens, they may love the game, but they're clumsy as hell. hahaha
Not just teens...
I think people underestimate how much easier dwarvenite is to set up, take down, and store. Sliding them off the table into a bin is fast. Dumping the bin onto a table, is fast.

Cleaning them from dust from being kept on an open shelf is quick and easy (e.g., dust them hard with feather duster, blow them off with an air blower, throw them into the bathtub, etc). Letting friends borrow them is a much easier decision, taking them to another place for a game is not risky at all.

Resin is great, but dwarvenite very much preferred for me... as an adult. Kids and teenagers are just icing on the cake.

User avatar
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 6556
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:14 am
Location: Flaming bunny Warren, Valoria
Contact:

Re: Boat items in KS8?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Dwarvenite is so simple to use and has a heft which is somewhat nudge resistant, as long as your not too far up the z axis (looking at Tower Battlements here).
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

User avatar
Seraphis the Bland
Ogre
Ogre
Posts: 521
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:04 am
Location: Northern California

Re: Boat items in KS8?

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:38 pm

Talistran wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 6:13 pm
AnimeSensei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:59 pm
Seraphis the Bland wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:49 pm YES! they have to be kid-proof. And those teens, they may love the game, but they're clumsy as hell. hahaha
Not just teens...
I think people underestimate how much easier dwarvenite is to set up, take down, and store. Sliding them off the table into a bin is fast. Dumping the bin onto a table, is fast.

Cleaning them from dust from being kept on an open shelf is quick and easy (e.g., dust them hard with feather duster, blow them off with an air blower, throw them into the bathtub, etc). Letting friends borrow them is a much easier decision, taking them to another place for a game is not risky at all.

Resin is great, but dwarvenite very much preferred for me... as an adult. Kids and teenagers are just icing on the cake.
I just use a leaf blower.

Post Reply

Return to “Pre-KS8 Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests