What minis would you like to see?

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What minis would you like to see?

Post by zenako » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:33 pm

Grumpy Gnome wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:14 am Thanks for that Zenako. Useful for discussing with Mrs. GG.
You are welcome. They are the kind of thing to keep on the lookout for. I picked most of mine up on Amazon I believe over the years. Looked up a couple of sets, got them for $16 each plus shipping which was about $4 a set (not available on Prime that time...) others I think I picked up from one of the online shops that was having an across the board sale IIRC. Never paid full price for them.

Grumpy Gnome
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Grumpy Gnome » Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:35 pm

Mrs. GG likes them so we will keep our eyes open for some on sale. At the very least they serve as good examples of poses I can try to make out of the Fireforge Folk Rabble multi-part plastic sprues.
Rick, the Grumpy Gnome

https://thegrumpygnome.home.blog/

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:34 pm

Nice, I did a quick search of my usual shops to check on in the US, and one of them had some Blue in stock for $18.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/wzk72866.html

The others I checked were out. Amazon lists a them all for closer to "retail" of $25 with a couple of colors one "sale" for $22. It really depends on how much you want to chase a few bits of gold at some point. I was in no rush so I waited for sales. They happen often enough.

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Clint_Lundgren wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:24 am It seems a bit unfair to judge Wizkids miniatures based on one example
I was referring to the one piece in the foreground of my pictures. I have hundreds of miniatures, many from Wizkids. Miniatures have always been a side-hustle for DF and that seems right by me.

A lot of Wizkids minis have (to this day) stiff posing and lots of jutting out wings, staffs, etc. I like that a fair number of DF pieces are more "on duty" or in (non-combat) action poses to set my scenes.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Clint_Lundgren
Orc
Orc

Post by Clint_Lundgren » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:00 pm

Hmmm...I've been considering a set of those Agricola minis for awhile - they have them on Amazon. They look pretty good!

Seraphis the Bland
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:53 am

zenako wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:09 am
But these options are few and far between. Also as you can see in my pictures the bases are black and not the thematic color as shown in the promo shot.
Nice pics, Z. Can you tell me a little bit more about that boat? I'm really digging that quarter deck... or maybe a name/link if it's buried somewhere?
Attachments
Zenako's Boat.jpg
Zenako's Boat.jpg (106.28 KiB) Viewed 240 times

Seraphis the Bland
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:57 am

I like the townsfolk and look forward to buying some if they are offered in Cities 2. The big LED end battle pieces, I've bought a couple, but probably won't in the future. Lots of common people would be good. If DF offers monsters, then please give me 3-6 in different poses. Multiples are a must. And for sure, minis will always be offered to a lesser degree- as Nate said in a recent OtA, "we have to have something to put in our terrain when we show it" (or a similar statement). And he's right, it won't do to throw in someone else's product unless it specifically was a partnership. And just as an aside, if you hadn't heard, Red Box Games is going out of business, so you better grab up some of those incredible Dwarves before they're all sold out.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:19 am

I do love the Agricola poses, that was a huge draw to me. They were perfect for farming peasants, with the little chickens being fed and the pumpkins being carried. Ideal.

Normally, I do like neutrally posed figures, since I use my minis for DF and I need them to work in a variety of layouts. Some poses are general enough to work while still being active, like hunching forward holding a lantern or "striding with purpose." Probably my only issue with the Nozlur/Deep Cuts minis, which on the whole I consider to be some of the best quality minis I've ever seen, is that they're all in dynamic fighting stances. That's great for active battle shots, and I've done a handful of those, and they're incredibly fun. But if I want to get a shot of the party creeping through a dungeon or exploring a forest, if I want a wizard studying a tome or a cleric communing with her patron, they're less helpful. ;) (There are plenty in neutral stances, don't get me wrong -- obviously I'm not talking about those.)

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:28 am

Seraphis the Bland wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:53 am
zenako wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:09 am
But these options are few and far between. Also as you can see in my pictures the bases are black and not the thematic color as shown in the promo shot.
Nice pics, Z. Can you tell me a little bit more about that boat? I'm really digging that quarter deck... or maybe a name/link if it's buried somewhere?
It came from the folks at AmbersSecretCove on Etsy

https://www.etsy.com/shop/AmbersSecretC ... d=15179384

What you see in my pictures is the paint job they came with, which was adequate for use right out of the box so to speak.

I had picked up this fleet some time ago. A nice variety of small to midsized boats.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/527147543/ ... ve_3&crt=1

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:26 am

Those Agricola minis look good :)

Found them at our 'go to' independent hobby site, though only one of the two colours we are interested in (orange and white) are in stock.

Added one to our cart and went to checkout to find we already had a bunch of GW LotR stuff in our cart.

Decided not to purchase just yet ;)

In other news we have finally started painting our Bruegelburg – A day at the fair minis :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Return to “Pre-KS8 Discussion”