Preorder outside the US

We’ve had the pleasure of working with the team at Paizo to create a series of licensed sets for Pathfinder 2nd Edition. The sets – four exciting new Encounters - were specifically designed for the inaugural module The Fall of Plaguestone.
gwhansen
Orc
Orc

Re: Preorder outside the US

Post by gwhansen » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:54 pm

kitenerd wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:03 pm I sympathize with our overseas bretheren - but the reality is that giving away $10 in domestic shipping is one thing - shipping (even light things) overseas gets insane quickly

I do feel like there ought to be some equivalent benefit for overseas early backers

discounting the product more is not always smart - it makes retail markup look like gouging and encourages speculators

the old Resin Case incentive seems like the best plan - anyone who backs at $100 or more gets a free "XandSUCH" as a backing thank you - it doesn't need to be exclusive - but it should be cool and not available to anyone else until later

and i am just going to say it again - a T-Shirt would function PERFECTLY in this role and cost about nothing and fit in just about any box as packaging
this 100%, plus who doesn't want a free t shirt?

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:45 pm

I never asked for free shipping, just an equivalent shipping bonus. If DF can do it for the majority of their customers, why not the rest, really?
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

ChrilleT
Orc
Orc

Post by ChrilleT » Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:02 am

Agree with most here that it would be nice to give us outside US a small shipping discount. It might be different based on what you order but at some pledge levels we Europeans pay over 20 times more in shipping and added costs than US backers so it would be nice if we also got a piece of cheaper shipping (I understand that DF can´t do free over here but a small bonus would at least show that they are thinking on us international customers :))

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:36 am

Sounds reasonable to me.
101 Resin and 293 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Please see my list of stuff for sale for some awesome deals at 10% lower than anywhere else! Located HERE!

Hexenmond
Orc
Orc

Post by Hexenmond » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:16 am

To their credit, DF kept sending signs that they don't want us outside the US feel like second class customers. I don't really get why they are apparently taking a step back now. Perhaps the sets are directly sent to the US from China instead of being distributed worldwide like a KS campaign. If that's the case, a short explanation would go a long way.
Last edited by Hexenmond on Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:20 am

I made my preorder today just in case.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:19 am

As international, what I would ask (and might well already be planned) would be some flexibility when the time will come to wrap up the order.

What I mean is: for me at least, there's a certain "critical mass" I have to order so that shipping is at least reasonable compared to the price of the items. If I order something small, the shipping is more than the item itself. So I usually wait till I can order a few things I would like together (with the difficulties of sometimes things going in and out of inventory) rather than one at a time.

So my request would be to be able to add normal shop items to the preorder when the time comes, or even keep the preorder "on-hold", maybe waiting for a restock, in case at that time inventory is low. Just to optimize the shipping.
That would be a greater saving than a 10$ discount.

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:46 am

@marcoreds, I don‘t really get it. In Germany I pay around 15-20% of the Order value for shipping, regardless of the original value (well, maybe it would be more for very small amounts, but for orders of 100$+, I always pay the same percentage — and there are no smaller DF orders ;)).

Adding another ~20% for VAT and duties. Also always the same percentage.

So I seem to have no benefits from bigger orders. Could you please elaborate?
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

FadeXIII
Goblin
Goblin

Post by FadeXIII » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:54 pm

dice4hire wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:45 pm I never asked for free shipping, just an equivalent shipping bonus. If DF can do it for the majority of their customers, why not the rest, really?
+1

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:44 am

Rhizom wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:46 am @marcoreds, I don‘t really get it. In Germany I pay around 15-20% of the Order value for shipping, regardless of the original value (well, maybe it would be more for very small amounts, but for orders of 100$+, I always pay the same percentage — and there are no smaller DF orders ;)).

Adding another ~20% for VAT and duties. Also always the same percentage.

So I seem to have no benefits from bigger orders. Could you please elaborate?
I'll make an example.
I recently ordered 3 of the various lake sets.
Order amount was 697$, shipping was 129$ - about 18,5% of the value.

I went now to the shop, and added few items to the cart, for a total of 131$. Cheapest shipping would be 81$ - 62% of the amount.

Just for comparison, I emptied the cart and added a 50$ item, shipping would be 63$ - 126% of the value.

So, at least for Italy, it is definitely not always 15-20%, in particular for smaller orders.

When I order from the shop, I never place a 50$ order of course, if I want a 50$ item I wait until there are other things I also want, so as to place an order that is at least 400$ value.

Why am I saying this in relation to the preorder system?
Because for the Pathfinder preorder, I would like to get only a Thorn Walls Pack (48$) and a Curved Cages Pack (31$), for a total of 79$.
Hence my point. If in April 2020 I would be able to add to the preorder, when it is time to settle the balance and pay for shipping (hoping that in that period there will be more things I will want to order) then I could complete the order with a higher total amount, and shipping would be less in %.
If instead preorder items are there own thing, and the preorder must be paid per-se with its own shipping, than it might be better for me to not do the preorder at all, and maybe get these items when/if they'll be available normally in the shop.

I hope I explained myself better :-)

Return to “Pathfinder Sets - Plaguestone”