Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

We’ve had the pleasure of working with the team at Paizo to create a series of licensed sets for Pathfinder 2nd Edition. The sets – four exciting new Encounters - were specifically designed for the inaugural module The Fall of Plaguestone.
Paladin in Hell
Orc
Orc

Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

Post by Paladin in Hell » Mon May 13, 2019 7:52 pm

Ok, we've mused about KS 6.66, but the other part of their recent announcement of collaboration on Pathfinder 2nd edition hasn't gotten much talk on the forum. Here is the announcement from the April CD update:

"we've been working on a collaboration with Paizo on some sets for the release of Pathfinder 2nd Edition. We've built a really cool multi-part encounter for their introductory module. It's four different areas, which will each be sold as separate sets (and there will be some component add-on sets within each if you want to just grab specific pieces). Each area is a different environment, but will chain together into one large build on your table. Each set will contain a cool mix of existing pieces as well as a few new pieces. We'll reveal more as we get closer to release."

On the Paizo website they mention this as the intro adventure:

The Fall of Plaguestone
In this standalone adventure, a group of new heroes, traveling through the small community of Plaguestone, must come together to solve the murder of a friend and soon discover forbidden alchemy, mutant animals, and a nearby forest rotting away due to a mysterious blight.
Bring the debut Pathfinder Second Edition adventure to life with this double-sided, full-color Flip-Mat, featuring the enormous hillside hideout of an evil alchemist—complete with quarters for her servants, numerous laboratories, pens to hold test subjects, and a cavernous lair!

4 different areas? From the description, I see the rotting forest (new Dreadhollow trees!?!?) The hillside hideout, laboratories, pens and a cavernous lair may round out the other 3? The mutant animals sound a lot like the mushroom infected minis from CD also.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

Post by nielsene » Mon May 13, 2019 8:07 pm

I'm expecting we'll get more information in two weeks at PaizoCon. The banquet on Saturday is when they tend to announce most of their (Paizo) plans for the year. One of the things I'm most looking forward to at the Con. (Along with running an abridged DoD twice! :) )

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu May 16, 2019 7:44 pm

I'm at work and can't post a pic, but I just got an email for KS6.66 that shows a preview of one of the new pieces for the Pathfinder campaign; they're the prison bars but done in a circle for a round cell.
101 Resin and 293 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Please see my list of stuff for sale for some awesome deals at 10% lower than anywhere else! Located HERE!

Paladin in Hell
Orc
Orc

Post by Paladin in Hell » Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm

Here it is.
Circle Bars.jpg
Circle Bars.jpg (16.5 KiB) Viewed 3916 times

RisingSeraph
Orc
Orc

Post by RisingSeraph » Thu May 16, 2019 10:36 pm

scott102303 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm Here it is.

Circle Bars.jpg
Several scenarios pop into my head seeing this, such as:

-Make it the Center of a twisted circus where our heroes are the main event...whether they want to be or not.

-Lord Erevik, something of a shut-in since his wife died under "mysterious circumstances," reluctantly allowed your weary party to take refuge in his crumbling estate.

He mentioned something about "dinner," but first, he asked to introduce you to his daughter. Obliging, you follow, yet instead of going upstairs to the sleeping quarters, he motions you to follow him down the creaking stairs behind the kitchen.

Ahead, the only light guiding you is a gray pallor cast from his single, melting candle. Once you reach the bottom and pass through a doorway, the light goes out. "Blast it all! One moment, just step towards my voice while I find a new candle."

You move forward, but instead of hearing Erevik rummaging about, you hear a metal door slam shut behind you. You turn and reach out your hands, then shiver as cold steel bars are the only thing to greet them. "LET ME OUT!" you scream, again and again, gripping the bars in a vain attempt to shake them, but are met with only silence.

That is, until you hear a low, scraping sound. Turning again, you see nothing but two, smoldering orange orbs surrounded by inky blackness.

You hear Erevik's voice a second time.

"Dinner, Lucy."

-Torbus the mage offers you 73gp (accounting for taxes of course) to test out his new, experimental trans-dimensional cage! He asks you lock yourself inside while he teleports you to other planes to document their inhabitants. It should be safe, might still be a few kinks left to work out...

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri May 17, 2019 2:48 am

I really, really, really, really hope they offer the new pieces either separate or as part of a small set. I will pass on these bars if they are part of a $100 set.

Please see my list of stuff for sale for some awesome deals at 10% lower than anywhere else! Located HERE!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri May 17, 2019 3:05 am

I was really not anticipating new pieces for Pathfinder, just new configurations of existing stuff, like Pathfinder itself.

joking, Im joking.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Riley
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Riley » Fri May 17, 2019 11:25 am

dice4hire wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:05 am I was really not anticipating new pieces for Pathfinder, just new configurations of existing stuff, like Pathfinder itself.

joking, Im joking.
My, it’s hot in here all of a sudden.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri May 17, 2019 11:30 am

Pro tip: Put your existing metal bars in hot water and bend them to make a circle like this one.

(No, really don't.)

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Riley wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:25 am
dice4hire wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 3:05 am I was really not anticipating new pieces for Pathfinder, just new configurations of existing stuff, like Pathfinder itself.

joking, Im joking.
My, it’s hot in here all of a sudden.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Soon after Pathfinder 2 releases, it will officially be time for Pathfinder Grodnards to preach the true gospel of 3.5++ and all the edition wars will collapse into a point of cosmic singularity.

There’s some neat ideas in Pathfinder 2! People are going to love hating it.

Return to “Pathfinder Sets - Plaguestone”