It's a week into summer

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: It's a week into summer

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:03 pm

Interesting, summer for us has always been June through to August and at no point has September ever been considered as part of the Summer.

That might just be a British thing ;)

So we are nearly a third the way through the summer and its still soooooon.

More time to safe :)

We do hope they wait until Hellscape is in backers hands before Wildands finishes at least. That will serve to suppress negative comments and strike while backers are 'wowing' over Hellscape unboxing.

"If you like Hellscape, here is more cool 3D terrain to get".
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Post by Gargs454 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:12 pm

Well, based on the orbit around the sun, etc. Late June is the first day of Summer. Similarly, winter doesn't technically start until just a few days before Christmas. However the "unofficial" start of Summer here in the U.S. is typically Memorial Day (late May).

All that said, I do think waiting is not a bad idea for DF. Not only does it allow Hellscape Backers to get their goodies in their hands before the KS closes, it also allows a little more time for economic recovery for those who may need it. This has been a brutal year for the economy and unemployment is still pretty high. Kind of hard to justify even a small pledge if you are unemployed (for a lot of people). Get them back to work and money flowing again and they might be able to afford at least some.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:24 pm

As Nate indicated on a stream, the timing for a KS is also heavily dependant on when they have to finalize their orders to the Factory so that production can occur in this cycle. I suspect based on previous KS that they will need to close down the PM by no later than they did for the last KS. Which might mean a very short PM if they delay starting the KS by any real amount. That has its own issues. Hellscape KS PM closed on Sept 13th last year by my records. The KS had started on July 1st and ran for "a month", then the PM opened a few weeks later on August 13th IIRC. They had extended that PM to Sept 13th for a few reasons, but they had to close it down to get their ducks in a row for the Factory.

So starting much later than in the next week or two, runs into a lot of logistical issues for running the KS, getting the backing from KS to DF, running the PM and ending it by mid Sept at the latest, in order to have parts molded and painted before the month long break most of China takes.

I would not be surprised that Nate gives out some upcoming dates for the KS in the Twtich Stream this week, Adustus has alluded to some announcements in the Twitch Thread.

thebigteacher
Orc
Orc

Post by thebigteacher » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:53 pm

Come on! I'm getting impatient....

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:21 pm

It will probably get their announcement on the next stream
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:59 am

"Very very exciting announcement." I might even have time to watch tonight!
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

period3
Ogre
Ogre

Post by period3 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:28 pm

I wonder if they'll make the KS live during the livestream. That would be quite a surprise.

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:45 pm

DWChancellor wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:59 am
"Very very exciting announcement." I might even have time to watch tonight!
I trust someone will post the launch date here, for those of us without time to watch the stream tonight? :D

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:58 pm

What DF considers "very very exciting" and what the customers do are sometimes not in tight alignment.

I hope it's something more, but bracing myself for "5% off of out of stock items if you pre-order" or something similar. :lol:

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jul 01, 2020 3:27 pm

MrMorden wrote:
Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:58 pm
What DF considers "very very exciting" and what the customers do are sometimes not in tight alignment.

I hope it's something more, but bracing myself for "5% off of out of stock items if you pre-order" or something similar. :lol:
Lets not get ahead of ourselves we have been waiting for a Wildlands launch date for the best part of 10 months
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”