KS8 theme - Hear Me Out

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS8 theme - Hear Me Out

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:58 pm

I'll counter propose with "Celestial" theme. This would be a combination of CBS/Castle/DoD and maybe even Wildlands compatible pieces that would allow you to build angelic /celestial themed environments and also would look good as "High Valoria" (I.e. Palaces and gardens, temples and aquaducts). Think marble and sculptures, high art and impressive architecture. It could possibly work as a 3 encounter mini-KS ala Hellscape.

Thoughts? Interest?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:11 pm

I'd buy that.
101 Resin and 269 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:23 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:58 pm
I'll counter propose with "Celestial" theme. This would be a combination of CBS/Castle/DoD and maybe even Wildlands compatible pieces that would allow you to build angelic /celestial themed environments and also would look good as "High Valoria" (I.e. Palaces and gardens, temples and aquaducts). Think marble and sculptures, high art and impressive architecture. It could possibly work as a 3 encounter mini-KS ala Hellscape.

Thoughts? Interest?
Great idea!

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:29 pm

GardenDM wrote:

Thoughts? Interest?
I was thinking DF should really riff on Griffintamer's Temple facade just like this (presuming Elye is game). I love it. But also swamps.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:37 pm

DWChancellor wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:29 pm
GardenDM wrote:

Thoughts? Interest?
I was thinking DF should really riff on Griffintamer's Temple facade just like this (presuming Elye is game). I love it. But also swamps.
For me swamps are mandatory for KS7! 😁

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:54 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:37 pm
DWChancellor wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:29 pm
GardenDM wrote:

Thoughts? Interest?
For me swamps are mandatory for KS7! 😁
Maybe I haven't read enough of the comments on here about swamps, but I'm failing to understand their allure.

Is there a particular thread to read or maybe you have like a two paragraph "Here is why they are so freaking awesome" reply you can give me? (with pictures? :))

I'm sure that you guys have awesome ideas, I am just struggling to come up with any on my own.
Last edited by Talistran on Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:57 pm

I really do not get swamps. I never play in them and cannot see why people want them. Plus, forest banks plus negative terrain seems like it is done already, at least on a minimal level

As for Shadowfell, it could be very visually interesting and if the whole look can be easily ported over to undead or very poor housing I could go for it, but I would rather see a strong cities showing. There is a ton of work DF could do with cities.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:09 pm

On a pseudo-related Shadowfel note, I did do a (somewhat) faithful recreation of the Death House scenario from the Curse of Strahd adventure around halloween last year. DoD and CBS lend themselves to lots of surprising opps for spooky ambiance/architecture.

https://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/view ... e&start=30

I don't know that I need specific swamp builds either. I think I have the tools I need for that with existing DF and other miscellaneous pieces, though I will say that my swamp builds have been GREATLY enhanced by picking up the games workshop "goblintown" terrain, which gave me a bunch of stilted wooden walkways that are great for swamps. Of course I'd be interested to see what DF offers, but not top of my want list.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:27 pm

How about something they have never done: coasts. Focus on tiles with long rocky banks, sandy beaches, palm trees. CBS accessories geared toward fishing & piracy. Integrate well with mountains & cliff pieces. Some water terrain trays or filters with wave and open water varieties. Boats and maybe even a ship. Maybe a small pirate cave area that dies into the CD Smuggler's Den, lighthouse accessories and toppers for the castle builder towers...there are a lot of options.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:32 pm

MrMorden wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:27 pm
How about something they have never done: coasts. Focus on tiles with long rocky banks, sandy beaches, palm trees. CBS accessories geared toward fishing & piracy. Integrate well with mountains & cliff pieces. Some water terrain trays or filters with wave and open water varieties. Boats and maybe even a ship. Maybe a small pirate cave area that dies into the CD Smuggler's Den, lighthouse accessories and toppers for the castle builder towers...there are a lot of options.
I like it. It would meld well with Mountains, Cities, maybe even a new Castle piece or two.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”