pacarat’s Dreadhollow paint test

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: pacarat’s Dreadhollow paint test

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:18 am

Colourful work p :)

looks awesome in the last picture and yeah the spillway is very cool.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Starved Hound
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Starved Hound » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:53 pm

Great job P. Love the different shades of green on your trees. Ground work is fantastic. And what Real and RB have said, the spillway is really cool 🙂

How time consuming was it doing the ground work?
The Starved Hound has only just now evolved to run on all fours, like the animal that he is. Currently possess over 2500 pieces of Valoria

pacarat
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by pacarat » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:02 pm

Thanks all. Really enjoyed doing these - can’t wait to sink my paint brush into the swamps this fall...

Timewise, not too bad - I paint in large batches, and in phases so just hitting a bit or two on each tile - keeps paint color changes (change = time) to a minimum. Also allows layers to dry before I come back
over them.

Spillway entrance needs some transition from water tiles. May have to extend a couple straight pieces out a bit with GS to better line up on the water’s edge.

Starved Hound
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Starved Hound » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:42 pm

Can't wait to see the transition when you get around to it. 🙂

Hopefully I can pick up a few of the large and small tree packs when they get them back in, and the cave entrance.

Did you go for Heart of the Swap or whatever it is called in Wildlands. And will you try and go for the same ground work colouration, so as to at least have a somewhat similar feel between the two sets?

I need a few tree packs from Wildlands too when they appear. Although I have a feeling they will go fast.
The Starved Hound has only just now evolved to run on all fours, like the animal that he is. Currently possess over 2500 pieces of Valoria

pacarat
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by pacarat » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Starved Hound wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:42 pm Can't wait to see the transition when you get around to it. 🙂

Hopefully I can pick up a few of the large and small tree packs when they get them back in, and the cave entrance.

Did you go for Heart of the Swap or whatever it is called in Wildlands. And will you try and go for the same ground work colouration, so as to at least have a somewhat similar feel between the two sets?

I need a few tree packs from Wildlands too when they appear. Although I have a feeling they will go fast.
I did 90% add on packs. Real heavy on banks and floor tiles, a variety of trees but not overboard, very very light on mountains/escarpments (I have a ton of original Erinthor, and quite a few DHF escarpments). Minimal bling, no SFX, minis, or ruins. I am fast approaching critical mass for DF, so I was very particular last KS, and will be even more so, if I back the next one. :lol:

Going to use same basic color scheme, but probably pick some additional colors for swamp specific (i.e. new) vegetation types. I may also go back and retouch my DHF pieces to blend them in with new stuff. My goal is to use them interchangeably.

And I'll be getting the dremel, hacksaw and GS out for this next batch - I still have more of the original Erinthor in the mod queue.

Starved Hound
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Starved Hound » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:22 pm

Sounds like a solid plan P. I would love to give Erinthor a try, but I am unsure of how many sets you would really need to cover most eventualities.

At a guess, I would think maybe 3-4.

But again, I don't know. Maybe next year I will get 2 as a base, and expand from there if need be.

* Would probably be using them as transition pieces either up or down from both dungeons and CD. Maybe an odd valley for good measure.

E.g. DoD encounter 13a. Leading down to 13b. And from 13b leading upto 13c. Probably 12" wide on both. So the players can traverse up/down.

Forgot to mention that I will be dropping down probably 10-12" from a to b

pacarat
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by pacarat » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:54 pm

Nooks and crannies, or edge cliffs along castle or oceanfront

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”