Merged DH Forests - Factory and mine

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Merged DH Forests - Factory and mine

Post by zenako » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:32 am

The "lumberjack look" was to highlight all the elevations in the photos, which are easy to see in person, but would all but vanish with full foliage in place. This build was to show what is possible with a large number of tiles and to show me that my paint job was close enough to the bulk of the factory. If you look closer you can still see the extra-bright lime green tones on the factory 3x6 and 3x3 tiles. Some of that is due to them having fewer of the darker shaded plants on them, but I also think that was part of the "Inconsistency" that DF was unhappy with about the overall paint jobs on the original sets. So while the newer tiles are painted in less detail with many of the steps that were dropped being highlighting leaves and other plants, you will get a more consistent color palette on them than the original tiles had.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:36 am

zenako wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:48 am
Dragos wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:04 am Trees look great! Did you paint all the trees or just the autumnal ones?
Thanks.
Zenako, have you tried the thick superglue/overlap method suggested by either Oldent or William on the stilt plates? I have a batch of stilts that need fixing and I'll try something else if you 've already tried that.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt
WeaselWarGod

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:14 am

I also suggested the filled superglue and that does work better. But I have still had a few failures with that. One trick to reduce the number of failures is to always try to slide the stilts apart rather than pull them. It is an easy but annoying fix (much like the magnets/plates in castles that sometimes come free as well).

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:45 pm

It looks amazing! Great job!
101 Resin and 269 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

SwissArmyMage
Orc
Orc

Post by SwissArmyMage » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:54 pm

Excellent work, This looks great!

The autumn trees add a nice splash of color and break up the otherwise green mish-mash of the build.

+1 to the needs a tower on the hill, additional focal points will add to it nicely.

I am seeing some tiles that are more vivid than the surroundings, but I can't tell if those are your painted ones or variation from the factory. Either way, they blend with the surroundings very well.

I have taken to banging the metal sides against a magnet side a few times on all new stilts to locate the weak links as soon as I get them and reapply the plate with a healthy dose of super glue. So far that seems to work ok, but I'm sure I'll be re-glueing stilts for many years to come.
Link to my drive with photos of my custom painted collection.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Updated with new pics on occasion.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”