Updated build guides

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Updated build guides

Post by nielsene » Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:50 pm

Just "finished" building 13-15. Missing a few pieces, but could cannibalize other encounters to finish -- 1 8x8 floor, and 2 floor sockets missing from the lava bridge. (In addition to the 1x4 miscount it seems for the shrine) Not a huge deal, don't think I'll even bother asking for replacements, given how much DF stuff I have. But I did tear the build apart just to check if the missing 8x8 had been packed inside an elevation platform, sadly that wasn't where it was.

Had to cut the build a little short -- while my table is big, I'm missing about 6" to do full lava+shrine. Khri got cut in half roughly since it needs to extend back into dias of the dead which obviously won't fit :) (Made it easy to grab the dias's 8x8 as a result)

Don't know if my eyes are just getting old or what, but these three build guides were definitely harder to follow/make out some of the details as the earlier ones. Even Lava which split its build across three pairs of pages had a lot of nuances that are easy to get lost. However because its build was broken out, that meant the non-exploded view typically had enough detail to tell what was going on. Khri and Shrine on the otherhand were much more challenging, especially Krhi with its 3D parts.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:31 pm

Hmm, someone must have miscounted the original beans. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:51 pm

monkius wrote:
Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:46 pm
I noticed that the Shrine of Sysuul diagram shows 5 1x4 Dungeon Floor (AV-527) being used, although the set only comes with 4.
I'm running in to this too. Build guide definitely shows 5 1x4s, but the encounter only comes with 4.

monkius

Post by monkius » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:46 pm

I noticed that the Shrine of Sysuul diagram shows 5 1x4 Dungeon Floor (AV-527) being used, although the set only comes with 4.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:32 pm

Build guide is meant to be used with the DoD module and requires all three parts of the Lava Bridge.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:16 pm

MrMorden wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:12 pm
Some of those are wrong. For example, in the the Lava Bridge series, the build guide has the 4x2 wall with the hole in it in part 2, but the set now has that piece coming in part 3, and assembled in a different location. Likewise part 1 has no broken ledge pieces in it, but there are some shown in the build guide on the far right edge of the build.

Minor changes, but they might cause frustration for builders that are not aware of them.
Great catch! Now, is DF listening? :)

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Some of those are wrong. For example, in the the Lava Bridge series, the build guide has the 4x2 wall with the hole in it in part 2, but the set now has that piece coming in part 3, and assembled in a different location. Likewise part 1 has no broken ledge pieces in it, but there are some shown in the build guide on the far right edge of the build.

Minor changes, but they might cause frustration for builders that are not aware of them.

HeroQuestFrance
Ogre
Ogre

Post by HeroQuestFrance » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:10 am

Will we get the same thing for the add-ons ?

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:16 am

I am glad this has come out,. Nice pics of the sets even if one does not need it to build the encounters.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Updated build guides

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:39 pm

From the KS update today: Nate posted the updated build guides for Encounters 1-15. It's currently on Google Drive but he said they'll put it up on the DF website shortly, after Johanna gets back from vacation.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JrGnI8 ... 5peIL/view

A quick note in Encounter 15 (Shrine of Sysuul), it doesn't have the plinth or rune in the build. It was probably an oversight, but they are included with the encounter.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”