Got my first DoD Pieces

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Got my first DoD Pieces

Post by MrMorden » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:15 pm

If a standard non-jade shrine went up, I might jump on it! Otherwise I'm waiting until the next restock I think.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:04 pm

The announcement of the build instructions says the web mistress is on vacation... so i wouldn't expect anything to go up until her return.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:45 pm

As far as KS5, the jade shrine went up immediately and was sold out immediately, but in the DF email update sent Sept.28th, they say:
"This inventory includes most Main Encounters (Gorgon Tiers, Lava Bridge 1/3, and Shrine of Sysuul will follow in about 3 weeks), along with an assortment of add-on sets (most are in very small quantities)."

Implying that a fresh stock of shrines will hit about now. I'm also waiting on several painted CBS items that have not been stocked, but are supposedly due now-ish.

MrMorden wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:45 pm
period3 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:40 pm
Glad it turned out. I'm still waiting on my KS5, it's being held pending a restock of some stuff I wanted to order from the store. Gahhh where is that restock? Still a lot of items missing from the "mid october" restock. I guess we're arguably still mid-October. I hope it's this week.
The KS5 "restock" was really a "what we had leftover from the container after we fulfilled pledges" sale, so the stock was a bit limited. The Feb/Mar KS5 restock should have more quantity and variety.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:45 pm

period3 wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:40 pm
Glad it turned out. I'm still waiting on my KS5, it's being held pending a restock of some stuff I wanted to order from the store. Gahhh where is that restock? Still a lot of items missing from the "mid october" restock. I guess we're arguably still mid-October. I hope it's this week.
The KS5 "restock" was really a "what we had leftover from the container after we fulfilled pledges" sale, so the stock was a bit limited. The Feb/Mar KS5 restock should have more quantity and variety.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:40 pm

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Got my first DoD Pieces

Post by MrMorden » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:16 pm

Having missed the KS, I got my first DoD pieces today from the Web Store. I now have parts 1 & 2 of the Lava Bridge encounter, and the Deadly Corners encounter. All pieces were ordered painted.

I have to say I have no complaints about the quality of any of the pieces. There are a couple where the drybrushing was a bit too vigorous and they don't 100% match, but certainly not to an unacceptable degree. The painted details look great. The red columns look great. The arch toppers between columns look great. It all just looks...great! Special kudos on the Terrain Tray lava and the Savage Gargoyles...they are really beautifully done.

My Lava Bridge was a bit warped/misaligned like most, but overnight with 4lb weights on each end has it 90% fixed. I can live with it very slightly off, since the pegs align it anyway.

Well done, DF! I can't wait to order the rest of my DoD collection, probably at the Feb/Mar restock.