What did you get//miss in the DoD "restock"

Nephlite
Kobold
Kobold

Re: What did you get//miss in the DoD "restock"

Post by Nephlite » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:30 am

They only thing I wanted was an Unpainted Elevation Mega Pack, but I was unable to get it because I didn't check until after dinner on Sunday. Funny enough, the reason I wasn't around at noon to snag it was because I was busy happily painting my DoD. I really would have liked those epic stairs and the bridge.

I'll patiently wait until Feb/March of next year for the next restock, but I might start to get bothered if limited quantities prevent me from getting those pieces again. For what it's worth, I would GLADLY pre-pay the entire amount right now for a guarantee that I will be able to get that set at the time of the next restock.

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:29 am

Actually, good point Space. I had not thought of that. Makes sense I think, well as far as not knowing the behind the scenes mechanics of their company. Once it is gone and not going to be stocked on a retail level, drop it.

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:25 am

^I understand it’s been an ongoing problem. But the behind the scenes comment makes it sound like the decision has already been made. If so, take down the listing. It just serves to confuse and frustrate more customers by leaving it up.

It doesn’t even need to be communicated necessarily (the bigger ongoing problem). Just remove any listing immediately as soon as it’s decided it will no longer be stocked.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:08 am

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:05 am
I mean, if Capitol city or anything larger than a Hamlet is no longer going to be stocked, that’s fine. Just get the listings off your web store!
This has been an ongoing problem. What will be restocked and what will not.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:05 am

I mean, if Capitol city or anything larger than a Hamlet is no longer going to be stocked, that’s fine. Just get the listings off your web store!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:01 am

Well said.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:38 am

I totally do not intend to be rude in this, but that is the point of backing KS. You get the prices that are generally 15% lower than it will be if it goes retail. Once it goes retail it does not matter anymore. You are not getting treated in any way at all because the price is what it is. People that bought during the KS and made the project come to life and therefore got rewarded with getting everything they wanted and paying a lower price, even they will have to pay retail prices just like everyone else.

I do not have an issue with this. I am paying the "price" out of pocket on DoD because I had no clue DF was even alive and doing KS. So now, I had to pay about 15% more on my purchase to get DoD. I am fine with this. I get to benefit on KS6.

You wont pay more than anyone else due to clicking. It's in the store. Even playing field.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:24 am

Glendel wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:08 am
You can totally get CBS. I have messed with the spreadsheet on this for the last 2 months. The hamlet will totally build the Capitol. You want 2 more Capitols like I do, it takes 3 Hamlets. Now I will concede, it costs more. But that is because the Capitol was a KS price line. The Hamlet is the normal stock it and ship it price.
Except it isn't the KS now. Either make KS prices available to everyone, or no-one. I'm not going to pay more than someone else just because they happened to click at exactly the right time. I'd rather just not buy. Frankly, this is the kind of thing that makes me hesitant to buy from DF. Do I have to do a cost analysis now every time to figure out if I'm being treated fairly? No thanks.

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:08 am

You can totally get CBS. I have messed with the spreadsheet on this for the last 2 months. The hamlet will totally build the Capitol. You want 2 more Capitols like I do, it takes 3 Hamlets. Now I will concede, it costs more. But that is because the Capitol was a KS price line. The Hamlet is the normal stock it and ship it price.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:58 am

wow, ok. Glad I backed rampage, and it looks like I need to find an alternative for CBS now too. Still in for KS6 though.

Glendel wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:52 am

Not sure. A number of people got them though. One person posted they got 2, painted and jade painted. This happened to me 2 weeks ago when I made a rather large CBS purchase. I got a Capitol city. I emailed to ask if anymore would come up because I want 3. I was informed 'not sure how you got the 1, that was a Kickstarter option, and will not be stocked anymore, Hamlets will be the normal instore stock'.

Could be that people are returning them for one reason or another, or they have/had a low amount not meant to be counted as "stocking the store" and those were available. Whereas the true stock of them will be coming in the next shipment Feb'19?

All I know is I check and refresh looking for 2 more Capitols even more now than I had been hahaha.