Painted "unpainted" Jade pillars ???

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Re: Painted "unpainted" Jade pillars ???

Post by Archimagus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:04 pm

Yes, the word I heard was the factory pulled a fast one on them. I got one set painted, they look fine to me and for the price of a soda at GenCon, I can live with it.

Myrthe
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Myrthe » Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:28 pm

I ordered Unpainted Jade thinking the entire column would be cast in it. What was received is what has been shown, translucent / clear column with gray dwarvenite top and base. I might have been okay with the green paint but it was applied unevenly and the top of the clear column isn't covered. On ALL of the ones I ordered. I emailed Chuck but haven't heard back yet.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:03 am

I hope the people annoyed by this get some kind of resolution that satisfies them.

For me personally, I'm not bothered by it. I like the painted Jade pillars I received, and I think they look pretty cool. To be fair, they were never my favorites, and if they hadn't been included with the Inner Sanctum add-on, I'd likely have passed them up (I don't like columns that extend higher than the walls). I got the add-on for just about everything else it includes - the idol, the big circle, the long walls. The columns are neat, and I'm glad I ended up with them. They're a cool way to add formality to a jade temple. But I didn't seek them out. If I'd been more specifically excited about them, maybe I'd be more irked by the execution.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:47 am

That sucks that the factory did that to them.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:33 am

I asked about it at GenCon. They said the factory blindsided them and they've been waist-deep in KS6 and GenCon at the same time. They are aware of the issue, but didn't find out until very, very, recently (like the last few weeks) and haven't had a chance to do much with everything going on. Perfect storm.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:55 pm

Still no reply about this yet? I know things are busy, just trying to keep tabs :)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:29 pm

Thanks cloud, nice crisp shot from all the way up there.

Welcome to the Forum. :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

stratocumulus
Kobold
Kobold

Post by stratocumulus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:26 pm

Here's a picture of them at GenCon....
Djm_gkqU4AA2yCF.jpg
Djm_gkqU4AA2yCF.jpg (127.34 KiB) Viewed 1150 times

stratocumulus
Kobold
Kobold

Post by stratocumulus » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:21 pm

@Talistran ...my thoughts are that the factory ran out of time to attempt to redo them...DF isn't the only Client of theirs that wants their "stuff" created, shipped and delivered....

My hope is that they redo them in another order to the factory when they order re-stocks for the warehouse...

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Post by DevGuy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:16 pm

Talistran wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:09 pm
DevGuy wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:02 pm
So there’s no hope of a factory redo so that we can get jade pillars to, you know, go with the limited edition jade encounter we bought?

NB: I don’t have any DoD in hand yet (yes, us Aussies rolled a 1 on delivery), so my opinion is based on pics alone.
That would be my hope, but without knowing why it happened, wouldnt they have done it the first time if they could?
Maybe. But we don’t know the reason for it in the first place. Perhaps it was too costly, or a mistake occurred in production that was deemed too costly to address, or any number of reasons, not all of which are “literally could not be done”. So, until DF tell us the why, I don’t know :).

It seems a very strange thing to me to simply paint over and hope no-one will notice/care.
Last edited by DevGuy on Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”