Advanced Painting: Jade

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Advanced Painting: Jade

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:52 am

LadySabelle wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:06 am
Thank you for all the supporting messages! I will go ahead with the tutorial then. I'm just waiting on some new brush on clear gloss paint to see the results of a glossy surface. The stuff I have now is either too old or gives the piece a less than perfectly smooth surface. And sprays won't work because I'm not going to spend my time taping off the other stone surfaces. Hopefully by Thursday or Friday I'll have it done.
sounds like its going to be shoe polish free, you finally kicked that habit? ;)
How's the shoulder these days? hoping its had a chance to recover post KS
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:06 am

Thank you for all the supporting messages! I will go ahead with the tutorial then. I'm just waiting on some new brush on clear gloss paint to see the results of a glossy surface. The stuff I have now is either too old or gives the piece a less than perfectly smooth surface. And sprays won't work because I'm not going to spend my time taping off the other stone surfaces. Hopefully by Thursday or Friday I'll have it done.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:01 am

The brilliant green is indeed much nicer!!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:33 pm

Wow! Amazing paint. I'm mad at you for making me question my raw jade pieces! :P

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:13 pm

Yes please to the tutorial, also PS, your voice is lovely and your tutorials are very clear and easy to understand and follow; we just always sound strange to ourselves in recordings because we normally hear our own voices very differently because they are also inside our heads!

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Wow. That's what they could be. hmm...
Also I agree with Oldent, this could be used for a number of things.

yeah, Tut please :)

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:54 pm

LadySabelle wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 am
zenako wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:44 am
Did you really have to ask? Folks around here love to have information about how to make their DF goodies look even better...
I was just asking if the paint job was something appealing enough to warrant a tutorial. I wouldn't want to subject anyone to my voice if the end results weren't worth it.
I enjoy your videos. My new hearing aides make it possible with out closed captions. I do not have any jade tiles. The techniques will apply to other translucent parts like crystals. I will look forward to the tutorial.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Well as a credit to your craftsmanship, I cannot recall ever seeing something you posted that was not worthy of emulating. With all the concerns about Jade and its look, anything that further enhances the visual appeal is definitely of interest, especially if the technique can be attempted by the more ham handed among us.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:59 am

zenako wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:44 am
Did you really have to ask? Folks around here love to have information about how to make their DF goodies look even better...
I was just asking if the paint job was something appealing enough to warrant a tutorial. I wouldn't want to subject anyone to my voice if the end results weren't worth it.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:44 am