Jade pillars painted green?

mbourj
Goblin
Goblin

Jade pillars painted green?

Post by mbourj » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:07 am

Hey guys,

I recently bought some "Jade" pillars off eBay (I know I shouldn't have) but when they came I was surprised to find they are painted green, not the Limited Edition green dwarvenite version.

Photos (painted on left, dwarvenite green on right)
Painted Jade Pillar
Painted Jade Pillar
5.jpg (155.75 KiB) Viewed 292 times
I guess the reason I'm asking the forum is because the box wasn't opened prior and I wondered if others have gotten these before? Was it a factor mistake?

Here's the box for reference, it looks legit:
Box
Box
6.jpg (147.53 KiB) Viewed 292 times
Well now the only thing that seems off is that there is no barcode now that I'm writing this..

Was I duped? Seems like an awful lot of work to create a fake.

SwissArmyMage
Orc
Orc

Re: Jade pillars painted green?

Post by SwissArmyMage » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:01 am

Is it made of dwarvenite?
And where was the item shipped from?

Most bootlegging operations (at least for other bootlegged stuff) operate out of china.
My first thought was if the piece is made of dwarvenite it's probably genuine (but a production error), due to the high upfront cost. But then again they bootleg anime figures with pvc/plastic and some of them can be scary high quality.
Link to my drive with photos of my custom painted collection.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Updated with new pics on occasion.

Bossman
Orc
Orc

Post by Bossman » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:19 am

These were dodgy production from the factory passed off as jade. Backers got replacements so you have been sold the factory dodgy pillars.

Erenor Silvershield
Orc
Orc

Post by Erenor Silvershield » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:56 am

The store says they have the limited edition green jade pillars in stock so I’d go that route... $22 I think.

pacarat
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by pacarat » Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:29 am

If the box was still factory sealed, you might inquire with DF customer service and see if they will replace them.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:34 pm

Bossman wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:19 am These were dodgy production from the factory passed off as jade. Backers got replacements so you have been sold the factory dodgy pillars.
Yup, this was the case. I have some of both now, the ones that came with the KS and the replacements they sent later. Legit tiles most likely, just not the ones DF wanted folks to get.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:09 pm

When they were produced as part of the Kickstarter, the factory pulled a quick and fast on DF. When DF discovered it, they promised the backers that they would have the factory remake them the right way... and instead of replacing them, they would just send the right ones to the backers; thus, all backers who got the jade pillars got two sets for the price of one.

They work ok together with the lights down low and some LEDs flickering. ;)

Since you weren't an original backer, I'm not sure that they will replace them. In theory, the responsibility is mostly on the seller here for not making that clear in their ad (assuming that they knew, and assuming that the ad didn't mention it).

Erenor Silvershield
Orc
Orc

Post by Erenor Silvershield » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:18 pm

Has anyone ordered them recently? They say they’re in stock and I’m wondering if they’re the painted or the true limited edition ones... you’d think the store wouldn’t say limited edition or show pictures in the green colored Dwarvenite, but I thought I’d ask here and shoot for a more immediate response before emailing DF.

mbourj
Goblin
Goblin

Post by mbourj » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:07 pm

Erenor Silvershield wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:18 pm Has anyone ordered them recently? They say they’re in stock and I’m wondering if they’re the painted or the true limited edition ones... you’d think the store wouldn’t say limited edition or show pictures in the green colored Dwarvenite, but I thought I’d ask here and shoot for a more immediate response before emailing DF.
I wouldn't be worried about the ones that come straight from DF. As others have pointed out this seems to have been an issue in the past, and because I got it off eBay I was kind of "duped," but DF would never allow this so you should buy with confidence from DF.

I'm also so glad for the responses! This is why I love the forums, everyone here is SO knowledgable about DF!

Return to “Kickstarter 5 Discussion”