Buying extras to resell on ebay?

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Buying extras to resell on ebay?

Post by bernyleung » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:05 pm

guslandt wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:42 am
Yeah, what I was thinking is that if I buy 10 of the full DoD sets @ $3600 each, I could resell 9 of them for $4k each (after ebay fees and what-not). That would give me a completely free DoD set. But looking more into things, I'd have to sell them for closer to $5k each to cover ebay fees. That sounds too risky...
Well, if you've got $36K to drop right now, and are willing to tie up that money for the better part of 9 months, and are sure of your market, then more power to you!

Just a thought, would this be more practical in Europe? Once items have landed, you don't have to pay VAT again if shipping within EU to another EU buyer, right?

oddbender
Orc
Orc

Post by oddbender » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:54 am

guslandt wrote:
Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:42 am
bernyleung wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:23 pm
OK, I'm going to buy 5 entire painted DoD pledges for $3.6K each and sell them on eBay for 6k each.
Yeah, what I was thinking is that if I buy 10 of the full DoD sets @ $3600 each, I could resell 9 of them for $4k each (after ebay fees and what-not). That would give me a completely free DoD set. But looking more into things, I'd have to sell them for closer to $5k each to cover ebay fees. That sounds too risky...
Some backers have already complained about the price points for KS5, so I have to believe it would be riskier than previous DF kickstarters just based upon that feedback.

Personally, I wouldn't plan to resell unless I could live without the money (and you will for nearly a year), in case my master plan tanked. Muhahahahahaha!!!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:47 am

Ebay and paypal fees are about 14% of your sale price (including shipping). Then you have the shipping cost as well.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

guslandt
Goblin
Goblin

Post by guslandt » Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:42 am

bernyleung wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:23 pm
OK, I'm going to buy 5 entire painted DoD pledges for $3.6K each and sell them on eBay for 6k each.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:28 am

kitenerd wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:27 pm
bernyleung - thanks for doing that - more SG for me!!!
Yeah, I wish I could do that. If I could guarantee returns like this, then who the hell needs the stock market, financial managers, and gold? My hard spending cap is less than half of a painted DoD.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:54 pm

Please don't bother reading the link jackattack posted about the topic as it gets more into specific types of reselling and, I strongly believe, will give the wrong impression.

DF has never shown any concern with buying extra stuff during the KS and then selling it off on eBay to help offset the costs (which is the reason why most people do it). As well, most backers will tell you that they are fine with it as it opens more stretch goals.
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:27 pm

bernyleung - thanks for doing that - more SG for me!!!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:23 pm

No, no, no I'm not.

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:02 pm

It's also a great way to push up total KS sales so that everyone benefits by more Stretch Goals. I don't resent a reselker making a profit on the 2nd hand market, since a reseller is taking a significant risk of taking a loss and his funds are tied up for a prolonged amount of time.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jackattack » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:47 pm

http://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/viewt ... =23&t=8255

For a recent conversation on this very topic.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 5 Discussion”