Painted prices

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Painted prices

Post by geekjeff » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:46 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:20 pm
Sticker shock is referring to a pledge level with a price tag of $3,900. Every other KS the large pledge level (sans meeting with Stefan, etc.) was ~$1k. No one is putting a gun to our head to spend that much, but many of us choose the large pledge level to ensure we get a solid play area with good options. At nearly 4x the historical norm, it just seems out of touch to have it that high, especially because it apparently gets extra stretch goals. There were lots of statements from DF staff saying this KS would be more economical and while there are some smaller sets for that budget, I just find it contradictory to have the nearly $4k price tag after the last year and a half of people complaining castles was too expensive to get one of everything.
I gotcha. And I agree, that's a huge price tag - too much for my blood but more power to anyone who wants to spend that much (and has a bigger table than I do.) :lol:

It's there as an Ultimate Dungeon option for those who will ask. You won't have to spend $4k to get one of every new thing in this Kickstarter.

guslandt
Goblin
Goblin

Post by guslandt » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:43 pm

I think the 'economical' statements might refer to the ability to buy any individual level a person wants. Did KS1 & 2 have so many options to buy individual sets?

I'll be pledging for 2x Dungeon of Doom myself. This stuff looks awesome!

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:21 pm

Ya, I am feeling overwhelmed.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:20 pm

Sticker shock is referring to a pledge level with a price tag of $3,600. Every other KS the large pledge level (sans meeting with Stefan, etc.) was ~$1k. No one is putting a gun to our head to spend that much, but many of us choose the large pledge level to ensure we get a solid play area with good options. At nearly 4x the historical norm, it just seems out of touch to have it that high, especially because it apparently gets extra stretch goals. There were lots of statements from DF staff saying this KS would be more economical and while there are some smaller sets for that budget, I just find it contradictory to have the nearly $4k price tag after the last year and a half of people complaining castles was too expensive to get one of everything.
Last edited by AnimeSensei on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:07 pm

Painted prices are a bit higher, a lot of that feel I think is a function of Castles painted prices being an unusually low delta as shown on your chart (guess they can paint plain brickwork pretty cheaply.)

It's pretty hard to do an Apples-to-Oranges price per piece comparison, since the Encounters are geared towards more of the expensive specialty pieces (LED corners, magnet walls, etc) and every set size is wildly different.

There's nothing like a basic multiples set. You could compare like, a corner pack to a corner pack. Yes of course KS5 is more expensive than KS1 piece per piece, it's 4 years later.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Painted prices

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Jun 17, 2017 11:54 am

I don't know what happened, but premium prices for painted sets at the highest pledge levels (typically the best deal) just took a massive jump.

KS1 46.0%
KS2 42.3%
KS3 29.6%
KS4 27.3%
KS5 43.4%

The sticker shock with the large pledge levels in this new KS is surprising, as they had touted it would be a cheaper KS than the last few. Anyone calculated the price per piece yet?
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 5 Discussion”