Don't have KS1 - mixed (plain+pillar)
12%

Total votes: 42

Alphyns
Goblin
Goblin

Re: All pillar design or mixed for KS5?

Post by Alphyns » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:41 am

Like a number of other people, I've got KS1 but would like to see it reappear as add-ons. So, in the poll, would that count as a vote for mixed or just pillars?

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:00 am

The base sets should utilize the new pillar design, but with an add-on option for some of the KS1 pieces.
I have 8 sets of KS1 pieces and would only want KS1 pieces as an add-on.
................................................Consumer choice is always better.................................... ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:40 am

I have seven sets of KS1 tiles, I do not want to be forced to buy more KS1 tiles in KS5.

koraldon
Goblin
Goblin

Post by koraldon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:35 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:25 pm
I'm of the opinion each base set should be fully compatible with itself. It's like if you were a City Builder backer and got some sewers pieces with your city base set. They're out of place without the rest of the set. Additional themes should be add-ons in my opinion, this includes "plain." But I fully support re-releasing the original dwarvenite pieces as add-ons.
I view it more like the Tudor and stone styles of KS3, where the same set included two themes and it worked out well in my opinion.
But if DF offers original ks1 sets at good prices as add-ons, it also works out well.

blinky
Orc
Orc

Post by blinky » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:22 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:25 pm
I'm of the opinion each base set should be fully compatible with itself. It's like if you were a City Builder backer and got some sewers pieces with your city base set. They're out of place without the rest of the set. Additional themes should be add-ons in my opinion, this includes "plain." But I fully support re-releasing the original dwarvenite pieces as add-ons.
+1 Exactly

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:25 pm

102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

koraldon
Goblin
Goblin

All pillar design or mixed for KS5?

Post by koraldon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:37 pm

Hi
I have created this poll out of interest to see if people prefer ks5 to only include pillar-design or a mixed design together with "plain" walls a la KS1. Since I feel the decision also depends if you already own KS1 sets.
This generated quite a lot of discussion on the bean thread, and I think it deserves its own thread, as well as way to give a heads-up to DF.

This only refers to the base sets compositions (I assume that add-ons might be in different styles a la chamber of sorrows)

Cheers

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 5 Discussion”