Necromancer Wall Pack Questions

Please restrict your posting in this Forum to questions for Jenney. Jenney will answer questions in the Codex Valoria. You may carry on discussions in the Pre-Kickstarter News and the Kickstarter 4 Discussion Forums.
RisingSeraph
Orc
Orc

Necromancer Wall Pack Questions

Post by RisingSeraph » Tue May 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Hey all! Just a few questions about some of the pieces in the Necromancer's Wall Pack that aren't apparent to me from the listing itself. I own a good deal of KS1 and KS5, but just 6 castle walls from KS4 so I'm not as familiar with some of the more specific pieces from this set.

1: What does the "hanging skeleton" plug into to allow it to "hang?"

2: Does the "Head on Pike" plug into something as well? Will it plug into the KS5 smaller 1x1 "Dungeon Elevation" pillars?

3: What about the "Standing Skeleton?" Is it just cut off of the waist and meant to be stuck between two castle wall crenelations? How is this one used?

4: Have you found pieces from this set integrate with DOD and if so, can you tell me how you've used them?

Appreciate any help you can offer! Thanks!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Necromancer Wall Pack Questions

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue May 21, 2019 6:20 pm

1 - I think the skeleton you are referring to has a clip that is essentially shaped like a C that goes over the top of the wall.

2 - Yes, it should. It is the same size as the ravens in KS5.

3 - The standing skeleton is just a pole accessory like the ravens/arbolest/flags/etc.

4 - They are slightly larger (true to the inch instead of 25mm squares) so they integrate well only in smaller areas; with large builds you will have gaps that you'll need to manage. I used some here for a temple: https://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/view ... 5&p=154533
101 Resin and 293 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Please see my list of stuff for sale for some awesome deals at 10% lower than anywhere else! Located HERE!

RisingSeraph
Orc
Orc

Post by RisingSeraph » Wed May 22, 2019 12:39 am

AnimeSensei wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 6:20 pm 1 - I think the skeleton you are referring to has a clip that is essentially shaped like a C that goes over the top of the wall.

2 - Yes, it should. It is the same size as the ravens in KS5.

3 - The standing skeleton is just a pole accessory like the ravens/arbolest/flags/etc.

4 - They are slightly larger (true to the inch instead of 25mm squares) so they integrate well only in smaller areas; with large builds you will have gaps that you'll need to manage. I used some here for a temple: https://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum/view ... 5&p=154533
That is supremely helpful, thank you! Out of curiosity, do you know why they went to true inch over 25mm for that particular KS?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed May 22, 2019 12:47 am

We were all surprised when KS3 delivered and it was in a different "scale." KS4 continued the trend and KS5 went back to mm to match with the older dwarvenite dungeon and resin sets. Now they say the standard is "above ground" (aka cities, castles, etc) will be in inches and below ground in mm.

I think they did it to make vertical builds more uniform and to avoid issues, but yeah that's a question for DF. We've never really got a 100% straight answer on it. I think they realize in hindsight it has caused more issues than it solved, but they're stuck now.
101 Resin and 293 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Please see my list of stuff for sale for some awesome deals at 10% lower than anywhere else! Located HERE!

RisingSeraph
Orc
Orc

Post by RisingSeraph » Thu May 23, 2019 5:18 pm

AnimeSensei wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 12:47 am We were all surprised when KS3 delivered and it was in a different "scale." KS4 continued the trend and KS5 went back to mm to match with the older dwarvenite dungeon and resin sets. Now they say the standard is "above ground" (aka cities, castles, etc) will be in inches and below ground in mm.

I think they did it to make vertical builds more uniform and to avoid issues, but yeah that's a question for DF. We've never really got a 100% straight answer on it. I think they realize in hindsight it has caused more issues than it solved, but they're stuck now.
Interesting, but helpful, thank you very much!

Return to “Ask the Knightess”