I'm trying to replicate the resin paint scheme on my unpainted Game Tiles. This was my first attempt:
Here is the procedure I've come up with. Everything is drybrushed with progressively smaller brushes. I don't clean the pieces first and I have barely tested durability.
- Vallejo Surface Primer US Olive Drab: Everywhere except shadows/cracks
- Vallejo Game Color Heavy Khaki: Focus on horizontal surfaces, especially floors, but not the tops of walls
- Vallejo Surface Primer German Green Brown: Stalactites, fungi, the tops of walls
- 50% GW Desert Yellow + 50% GW Snakebite Leather: Same areas as the above
- Vallejo Game Color Stonewall Grey: Highlights, exposed rock, light dusting on any surface
- Matt varnish; I plan to use satin/gloss on some areas, to show dampness
- Heavy Khaki is more saturated and more yellow than the main colour used on most of my Master Maze Caverns pieces. Is there a better paint?
- I'd like to find a paint for the lighter color on the stalactites, to use after I've mixed the last of the two old GW paints. Vallejo has 800 million shades of brown and my local stores don't carry enough of them; which one do I get?
- I would like to use an airbrush for the primer, to save time and because it won't stick right away when I brush it on, but I cannot make the coverage from an airbrush look sufficiently natural.