Memory Lane

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
Yacker
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Memory Lane

Post by Yacker » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:52 pm

Love hearing this and makes me sad.

Long term DF owner (resin sets) but did not get into the KS (its just seems expensive here in Canada with shipping costs) and just found how cool unpainted dwarventite is like a year ago. (I live in Canada and do not mind painting to save the cost).

Took my resin sets and sold them on ebay and doubled my collection in dwarvenite in the last 12 months. So now I am just playing catch up. (I kept the water and lakes and medieval set of resin as it was just too cool to give up).
Huge Dungeons (including Doom) and Caverns fan and love the trays for negative space.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:30 pm

I was going to create a thread called - nostalgia

when i went to the forums there was already "memory lane"

this autoplayed after something i was watching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELARdrYfk_k

remember when this was AWESOME and seemed to have endless potential???

we have become quite spoiled ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sun May 31, 2020 5:06 pm

PM me. I have KS1, KS2, and KS2 Water for sale :)

Tyrant
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Tyrant » Fri May 29, 2020 8:08 pm

Looking back on it I definitely should have ordered more base sets and add-ons from KSI and II. I only got two sets in each (plus 1 Lava Cavern set in KSII). I'm still trying to get a painted water cavern set or two since I seem to have no money every time they pop up. Or like last time, they sold out before I could complete check out after I noticed they were in stock.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu May 28, 2020 10:44 pm

I have been on that water tower - and through fat mans squeeze!

good times

A

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu May 28, 2020 11:09 am

kitenerd wrote:
Thu May 28, 2020 3:11 am
I pledged for 2, bumped to 3 and at the last minute decided that 5 was the way to go. I did not get NEARLY enough add ons (wasn't there some buy two or buy 3 deal?) They were a ridiculously good deal. I had never backed a Kickstarter before and here i was tossing over $500 out for the idea of a whole different way to play... It was a leap of faith, that led to free fall and then a rapid descent into madness ;)

KS 1 was magical - i still feel different when i watch those videos than i do watching the much more beautiful and atmospheric videos done later - something about plunging in for the first time made those videos super exciting.

Chamber of Sorrows seems simplistic and heavy handed compared with the gorgeous stuff they are putting out today, but when that hit the KS page, it just dripped evil and i HAD to have it

Remember the water tower test?
I started at two sets, bumped to 10, and then the wife suggested we buy another 10 to re-sell. And that started the addiction. That, and Reaper's Bones kickstarter going on at virtually the same time. Both were an insane deal.

I remember He-who-shall-not-be-named and the water tower test and running over a wall with his truck.

Good times!
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu May 28, 2020 3:11 am

I pledged for 2, bumped to 3 and at the last minute decided that 5 was the way to go. I did not get NEARLY enough add ons (wasn't there some buy two or buy 3 deal?) They were a ridiculously good deal. I had never backed a Kickstarter before and here i was tossing over $500 out for the idea of a whole different way to play... It was a leap of faith, that led to free fall and then a rapid descent into madness ;)

KS 1 was magical - i still feel different when i watch those videos than i do watching the much more beautiful and atmospheric videos done later - something about plunging in for the first time made those videos super exciting.

Chamber of Sorrows seems simplistic and heavy handed compared with the gorgeous stuff they are putting out today, but when that hit the KS page, it just dripped evil and i HAD to have it

Remember the water tower test?

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Memory Lane

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed May 27, 2020 7:45 pm

I randomly decided to look back at KS1 and man, was Stefan prophetic.
Hello Gamers! Welcome!
I just want to thank you all so much for supporting us and joining this wonderful group of ours:) And thank you so much to all our loyal old timers who have so graciously taken it upon themselves to help all these new folks! We have the greatest club of collectors! I have honestly been moved to tears at times because of all that is happening here...it is really a dream come true for me!
We are listening to you, and reading every comment with great interest and joy...initially we were just going to give more of the same pieces because it really is the "bread and butter" of your building blocks....the base of everything possible...but we have heard your pleas, and are struggling to work out what we can add to our boxes without going overweight or becoming to large and then needing another box, which would be a disaster and quite literally destroy our whole benefit from this....so please bear with us:) It's only day 2....WooHoo!
Every mold we make is incredibly expensive even as much as $10,000 although we might be able to combine some, but it also depends a lot on the size, complexity, etc....but we have some good ideas!
Also, fear not, we have mostly gained so many new collectors that we are confident that after this campaign we can continue to get re-orders and make more Game Tile sets of different types! So we hope to be able to provide you all with many more exciting shapes and kool creations to add to your "bread and butter" building blocks...trust me, 17 years of experience says that you should take advantage of this great once in a lifetime deal to hoard up as many of these basic building blocks as you can because after this kickstarter we cannot promise these basic sets will be so cheap as they are now...for one, we are able to get them at a really great price right now because of the massive size this run is going to be...everything in the factory depends on the size of the order, every 1000's of pieces brings the cost down a few pennies....after this campaign when we are only ordering small amounts the cost may actually become double for us! So order now if you can, remember, these Sets are modular and will last many lifetimes...they are also very re-sell-able, so in fact, consider these something more like an investment, just ask our longtime collectors how often they are able to sell there sets after many years of use for MORE than what they paid for them:)
In a few days I will be posting a really apprehensive painting tutorial, more filming of which will happen tomorrow...sorry it's taking so long, but i really want it to be perfect!
Again, Thanks for joining our crazy club!
Welcome!
Stefan
He was totally right...
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”