Jungle Kickstarter

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
subtalon
Orc
Orc

Re: Jungle Kickstarter

Post by subtalon » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:58 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:17 pm
I think this is easily handle this and expansion to wildlands

Easy enough to just increase the density of foliage on a set of tiles to go with the wildlands and then introduce a set of tree toppers that have hanging ivy and all of that to put on your existing wildlands to help the density there

And of course all the specialty pieces waterfalls, cave entrances, temples, monoliths - all of that stuff would sell like crazy

That being said I’m not a huge fan of wildlands because that’s easy to do with negative space and I’m not sure that the communities pockets and storage solutions can support another entire separate outdoor terrain environment - but what do i know? It would probably be a $2 million kick starter - we’ll buy anything if it’s beautiful enough and they proven time and time again they can make it beautiful enough
I think Wildlands has a huge chance of gaining new DF fans if the Pathfinder setup is any indication. It looks like scattered terrain will be an option for many folks to go with. With that means a lot of variety as well, i.e. swapping out different trees (coniferous vs deciduous) on the same terrain tray. Though if there are rocky elevation pieces with steps that I can plug either tree type into I'll be happy. Hopefully Wildlands will be a combo of both (classic DF and scatter) If that's true then Wildlands should appeal to lots of people. I would guess 3-5 million (depending on the price, variety, marketing, etc).

The Dreadhollow cave piece was one of my favorite. I too would love a lot of transition pieces.

Jungle -> Caverns/DoD/ Burrows (Trees growing into runes walled openings the floor is DoD)
Swamp ->Caverns/DoD/ Burrows (Sinking into a swamp rune that transitions down into a DoD)
Germanic/PNW Forest ->Caverns/DoD/ Burrows, really want to see tree roots that expose pathways into burrows.

I want Wildlands to tie together all the other sets of DF I already have and to me there is a huge opportunity for that.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:06 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:31 pm
Just like Hellscape I would get a little, but not much as I do not use it in my games, which tend to be more European in look and feel.
Me too. It could be an occasional variant terrain but it's not really what I am into.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:17 pm

I think this is easily handle this and expansion to wildlands

Easy enough to just increase the density of foliage on a set of tiles to go with the wildlands and then introduce a set of tree toppers that have hanging ivy and all of that to put on your existing wildlands to help the density there

And of course all the specialty pieces waterfalls, cave entrances, temples, monoliths - all of that stuff would sell like crazy

That being said I’m not a huge fan of wildlands because that’s easy to do with negative space and I’m not sure that the communities pockets and storage solutions can support another entire separate outdoor terrain environment - but what do i know? It would probably be a $2 million kick starter - we’ll buy anything if it’s beautiful enough and they proven time and time again they can make it beautiful enough
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:46 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:36 pm
I got off on a tangent on another thread and wanted to see if this is a theme that really has interest to us as customers. What would we want to see in a JUNGLE kickstarter setting? I think perhaps some of this may be covered in Wildlands, but until we see it, we don't know how much overlap there will be.

Here's what I would love to see:

•Mesoamerican sculptures (Aztec, Olmec, or even something different like Moai)
•Temples, step pyramids, and mesoamerican ruins
•Jungle trees and vines
•Jungle swamps
•Rocky outcroppings for ledges sticking out of a wall of Erinthor Mountains (like the KS4 parapets maybe), imagine jumping from ledge to ledge!
•Speaking of Erinthor Mountains, let's have an expansion!
•BIG waterfalls (maybe a big one minis can go behind?)
•River rapids
•More ruins of existing sets
•Encampments, both tribal and adventuring party-esque
•Ancient jungle crypts and "Indiana Jones" style dungeons
•Trails and ground vegetation (ground tiles with magnetic plants or peg/pole accessories)
•An island theme with beach tiles add-on
•Jungle bridges

First: We believe/hope that KS7 will scratch some of this itch.

Second: we would be all over most this :)

Agree with Talistran though in that we would not be interested in any underground aspects, also we believe they can be covered by DoD.

Some have mentioned before but would love to see some detail packs which can flavour any build in a certain way, under or over ground. Such as overgrowth that can be added to existing sculpts such as vines, trees entwined and fallen and of course rubble. Love the idea of overgrown ruins, big boat floating here :)

We think stepped pyramids are easily built with cube spacers or Erinthor Elevation blocks or Dungeon Elevation Blocks and DoD Daises – might have to try it soon :) But would not mind seeing new basic building blocks that could replicate this in a consistent outdoor theme. With of course a purpose built temple/shrine to sit on top.

Would love to see some big Dwarvenite Temples or ruined Temples – preferably both.
Overall we like it as a complete environment, DF also like to focus their Kickstarters like this (Though Wildlands might be different).

Interestingly you could have picked a Desert, Artic or Temperate environment and had almost the same list. The bonus with Artic and Temperate is that DF already have a foothold that could be expanded on and giving existing owners of Ice Caverns and Dreadhollow more use options for their existing CD pieces.

Would old dyed in the Resin DooFers require Jungle buildings to be compatible with RotA ?

We would expect a jungle theme to have a different colour palette than Erinthor, we would expect it to have move colour (greens and browns) so if you have an Erinthor expansion which palette would it use ?

If the base gray is the same then they could still be pretty much compatible.

btw can you have ruined mountains ?

Personally we think you can ruin anything !
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:54 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:36 pm

•Jungle trees and vines
•Jungle swamps
•Rocky outcroppings for ledges sticking out of a wall of Erinthor Mountains (like the KS4 parapets maybe), imagine jumping from ledge to ledge!

•River rapids

Encampments, both tribal and adventuring party-esque
•Trails and ground vegetation (ground tiles with magnetic plants or peg/pole accessories)
•Jungle bridges
I am 100% positive if DF did something Mesoamerican, step pyramids, etc... I would get some. But I wouldn't be all in, I'm 99% sure. I would want some for lizardmen temples, etc. But wouldn't need a huge dungeon of it.

However, the items I bolded above I am very excited about. They could be in a jungle KS, but honestly they could be outside of it too.

"Tribal Encampments" could easily be Orc or Goblin camps. Obviously, I'd love some rapid water tiles...

And I think an expansion of Erinthor is a great idea... with exactly matching paint schemes :)

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:50 pm

Rhizom wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:04 pm
I am sure I would love it. But, being reasonable, there are two factors that would hold me back from spending a lot: storage and backlog. There are still so many things I could buy retail from city/castles/DoD that would help me in every other build. And with Wildlands coming, where I am sure that I will go nuts on it, my gaming room is already fully filled with shelves, cupboard and diverse storage solutions. My girlfriend already asks me if I REALLY need all this and if we have a child somewhen, we need that gaming room for other purposes, anyway.

Therefore I guess, I just cannot extend the variety of my builds to too much jungle — which I honestly would only use in very special occasions.
So, problem solved... don't have kids! :)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:31 pm

Just like Hellscape I would get a little, but not much as I do not use it in my games, which tend to be more European in look and feel.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:04 pm

I am sure I would love it. But, being reasonable, there are two factors that would hold me back from spending a lot: storage and backlog. There are still so many things I could buy retail from city/castles/DoD that would help me in every other build. And with Wildlands coming, where I am sure that I will go nuts on it, my gaming room is already fully filled with shelves, cupboard and diverse storage solutions. My girlfriend already asks me if I REALLY need all this and if we have a child somewhen, we need that gaming room for other purposes, anyway.

Therefore I guess, I just cannot extend the variety of my builds to too much jungle — which I honestly would only use in very special occasions.
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Jungle Kickstarter

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:36 pm

I got off on a tangent on another thread and wanted to see if this is a theme that really has interest to us as customers. What would we want to see in a JUNGLE kickstarter setting? I think perhaps some of this may be covered in Wildlands, but until we see it, we don't know how much overlap there will be.

•Jungle trees and vines
•Jungle swamps
•River rapids
•Encampments, both tribal and adventuring party-esque
•Jungle bridges

100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”