Best DF Pieces to Date!

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Best DF Pieces to Date!

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:20 pm

This is a tough one.

But we made our decision on what pieces do we want to include in our builds
For us it would be a combination as you cannot have one without the other

The Tower balcony and Bridge base together with the Tower Bridge.

We use them a lot!

A honourable mention has to go to the Castle wall too
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:12 am

Those two are a great idea. I was very happy to get a second copy of each in the DF Gencon by the pound sale a couple of years ago.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

NiandoBG
Ogre
Ogre

Post by NiandoBG » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:52 am

The Mountain Peak is really nice, but my favorite pieces are:

Floor with Grate
Floor with Grate, Broken

You have so many possibilities to use them as a DM... :D
These two are really cool pieces. I wish I would have more of them.
Attachments
brocken_grate.jpg
brocken_grate.jpg (204.49 KiB) Viewed 3040 times
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:43 pm

I'll put my vote for the best pieces to date on the Erinthor mountain "Cliff Rock Base", "Cliff Rock Mound" and "Cliff Peak" from KS4. The fact that these ended up both so organic and modular is really amazing. They work incredibly on their own, with each other, and with all of the other mountain/caverns pieces, that I think they end up in my builds more consistently than anything else. More often than not I've found ways to work them in with my CBS and dungeons too.

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:32 pm

Arcarius2001 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:17 pm
One that I really like is the flooded corridor from the Traps set.
Just looked this up in the collectors catalogue because I had never seen it before. Awesome piece!
Arcarius2001 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:17 pm
I have high hopes for the Natural Bridges piece and Suspension Bridge and the giant Hollow stump in Dreadhollow.
Same here, especially the natural bridge pieces + extension. If they end up nearly as good as they did in the KS6 videos I'd be thrilled, and in my experience DF has a history of over-delivering, so I'm very excited.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Jul 06, 2019 11:35 am

I could do the huge list like everyone else, but if i was forced to choose i am going with this:
Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 10.31.13 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 10.31.13 PM.png (60.44 KiB) Viewed 3195 times
Simply because my favorite part of the game is secret doors and i will never be able to recapture how excited i was awaiting KS1 fulfillment. KS1 is very special to me because it is like my first kiss... there was sooo much anticipation. Now i am greedy and want it all and i am spoiled by having so much.... nothing has quite the magic of KS 1. I bet i watched some of those videos 100 times.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 7:17 pm

Hmmmm, tough call. The most beautiful is the ROTA intersection. But best? The old resin 4x6 and 6x6 floors are pretty great. And stairs, I love all of the stairs. One that I really like is the flooded corridor from the Traps set. The entire Ruins set gets a vote too. The huge stalagmite platform in Cavernous Caverns (the one that looks kind of like the base to Stairway to Violence) is an excellent piece. As is the whirlpool tile from Cavernous Lakes Expansion. I have high hopes for the Natural Bridges piece and Suspension Bridge and the giant Hollow stump in Dreadhollow.
But if I could only pick one it’s the old red pillars. I have a bunch of those, very handy piece. I have used it for elevation of floors and decor. Functional and bling all in one tiny package.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:54 pm

I am not sure of their best piece, but it well may be in CD, not sure until I see them in hand. I like the large pieces they have been doing recently, like the 6x6 forest stuff and the larger entrances in both CD and 6.66.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:20 pm

For me it depends.

The secret door in the Dungeon of Doom is so good I sometimes can't find it myself as the DM. That is seriously cool.

The Bridge of Valor I've seen enough times in enough setups that it's amazing to me how it can look different if used just slightly different.

My favorite resin sets are RotA due to the paint job and aesthetic. I especially like the floors. Catacombs are a close second.

The LED illuminated floor pack from KS4 is likely one of the best values for my dollar I've ever spent on DF, excluding KS1 and KS2.

In the resin cavern line, I find it amazing that I continue to find ways the sets were designed to be integrated. Freestanding walls nest into floors from other sets. Cavern stairs match perfectly with curves in walls. Chasms flow with the ingresses and egresses of the walls. Blocks nest into passages to create landings... The whole resin caverns line amazes me. I just wish we had a 2x2 style set with varied floors and walls to expand it and it would be the perfect resin set line.

Going with caverns, the best pieces I think DF has ever produced overall is their resin cavernous river line. If you ever see it, it's amazing. There are even fish in the water!!!
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:05 pm

I really like the slide in door pieces from DoD. Secret doors, ornate sliding doors & panels, cell doors with bars, even additional wall pieces. They do it all!

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”