New Configurations/Items

Please post your thoughts and reviews of our new line of Dwarvenite Game Tiles here.
kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: New Configurations/Items

Post by kitenerd » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:51 am

Tyrant wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:11 pm

- A KS II chasm set painted to match the Lava Cavern Pack to help use the terrain trays
- A lava version of the waterfalls in the KS II Wicked Cavern Pack
- A transition piece for lava tiles to lava trays similar to the water one in KS VI
These three could be combined in one pack - utilizing all existing molds and be a really fun and undoubtedly popular expansion - one waterfall, one transition and any combination of the various chasm bits would be an affordable and awesome set
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Tyrant
Goblin
Goblin

New Configurations/Items

Post by Tyrant » Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:11 pm

The new Dwarven Forge Quarterly mentions new configurations for City. With the new Castle configurations incoming and with the redone KS I basic set from KS V, is it possible that we will more additions/alterations to KS I-IV? I know there are things I would like to see to enhance some of the older sets and take advantage of newer innovations. For instance:

- A KS II chasm set painted to match the Lava Cavern Pack to help use the terrain trays
- A lava version of the waterfalls in the KS II Wicked Cavern Pack
- Open Lava tiles similar to the Open Water tiles
- A transition piece for lava tiles to lava trays similar to the water one in KS VI
- A set of straight freestanding walls for KS II to compliment the curved wall pack (trifecta pieces might cover this)
- Sets of straight walls and corner pieces for KS I similar to the sets for KS V*
- A set that includes the stalactites from the KS II Wicked Additions set and the arches from the Water Cavern Pack
- A tavern set using Tudor pieces and various accessories from KS III sets
- Assorted other, simple buildings that come complete but could be expanded**

There probably isn't enough to work with in KS I and II to make actual encounter sets and it is likely not worthwhile economically to do so. KS III and IV don't lend themselves to that format as much as dungeons and caverns. These are just a few things I think would round out the older KS sets and bring them in line with the more recent KS offerings. Obviously any of these is dependent on perceived demand and cost to make them reality. I just thought it might be worth talking about with the apparent willingness to go back to the older KS projects.

* If prices are similar to KS V it might be a better buy to just buy more dungeon core sets
** Don't go overboard, just a couple beyond the cottage for people that just want to buy a complete building instead of figuring out what all they need to combine to make something functional

Return to “Kickstarter Game Tiles Feedback”