Top of the List in Posting to Forum

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Top of the List in Posting to Forum

Post by William » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:06 am

@ Feymous -

I my case I had joined (+/-) a decade earlier when it was still Master Maze, but due to a Dial-Up connection for most of that time I just lurked and never posted. When we were able to get a Satelite connection, I tried to connect and it didn't work (new web site), so Jeff at the time (2010) reset my whole account. I'm was really not sure there were any posts by me prior to that redo anyway, so I was not worried about loosing any old posts.

Many years ago (MM days) I Emailed Stefan some pictures of layouts and new floor piece ideas and we talked thru email a few times, but posting was not working due to my slow connection, so I gave up. Stefan or Jeff posted a few of those pictures in the gallery on the Master Maze web site. When Master Maze shifted to Dwarven Forge those pictures were not included in the gallery anymore.

I think if I had a fast internet connection all this time, I might have been annoyingly above LAW's number of posts. Scary to think. :shock: :lol:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Feymous
Orc
Orc

Post by Feymous » Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:05 am

@ William - Thanks for the sharing. I had never noticed that this data is available. I find these stats very interesting.

@ Kitenerd - After seeing this post I checked the list for myself. If one looks at number of posts relative to time since joining the forum I'd say there are only about 5 people who have posted more than you ;) Keep it up my friend, I love seeing the forum active!!

Also noticed that 3/16/10 is a really common date joined. Wonder if that's the day the forum launched?

dafrca
Ogre
Ogre

Post by dafrca » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:21 pm

Most of the forums I am on, it is less than 10% of the posters who account for 75% or more of the posts. I would also say if this forum is like most I know of you will have a lot of zero post or 1 post members. People who either love to lurk only or who came and joined then elected to not join in.

EDIT: Ok, went and looked. This forum has 203.5 Pages of zero post members. :D

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:51 pm

holy crap - how did i make the list?

i cannot possibly have that many posts....

if i talked that much someone would surely tell me to shut up ;)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Top of the List in Posting to Forum

Post by William » Fri Apr 03, 2015 10:20 pm

Here is a cropped and chopped screen grab of our top posters here on the forum.
Top posters as of 4-3-15.jpg
Top posters as of 4-3-15.jpg (54.09 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
I can't believe there are only 16 members that have posted more than 1000 posts.
That is 2/3rds of a page out of 255 pages of members to this here forum.

I also just happened to notice -
If Law (#1) does 10 more posts before Stefan does one, he will have exactly 1111 more than Stefan. I'm odd I know. I just see those kinds of things.

Why are some members names in bold font/gray and others in regular font/red text?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”