Dragon Boat

Mitch
Orc
Orc

Re: Dragon Boat

Post by Mitch » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:09 pm

I got my dragon boat with shields yesterday (purchased on eBay and shipped from China). Great paint job although the sealant used smells a bit so it might need some air time before going into the cupboard. Dragon head even had some verdigris colouring on it. Great find and great bargain so thanks for the original posting about it.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:16 am

I got mine today and it is really quite nice. More of a Yellow/gold color and it has the shields on the sides. The paint job is not bad at all.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

stenfisker
Kobold
Kobold

Post by stenfisker » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:46 am

Great idea !
Just ordered two Dragon Boats with shields :-)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:24 am

Ordered the one with shields along the sides.
It should be here by end of month,... August that is. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:43 am

kgallaghar wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:49 am
I got two of those dragon boats via Amazon. They arrived Friday and are nice. Also, they came packed in styrofoam that strangely was exactly the height of DF walls, so the packing will become my risers for a 2nd floor dungeon.
Alas, the styrofoam packing for both of my boats did their job of protecting the boats, but did take a beating / denting in transit, so was rendered somewhat irregular after unboxing. Not in good shape and shedding little pellets, so to the trash bin they went. Unlike some more expensive items, these boats were pretty cheap and I do not feel a need to keep the packing materials for storage.

kgallaghar
Goblin
Goblin

Post by kgallaghar » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:49 am

I got two of those dragon boats via Amazon. They arrived Friday and are nice. Also, they came packed in styrofoam that strangely was exactly the height of DF walls, so the packing will become my risers for a 2nd floor dungeon.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:04 pm

Just received the two boats I ordered from Amazon back on the 11th. Shipped all the way from some province in China to Massachusetts in about 12 days. How come big containers can't fly like that. Not sure how they really make much $$ on selling them. They look pretty nice and will be added to my stash of boat options.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:47 am

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:49 am
I ordered one from Hong Kong on EBay for a really cheap price. I hope it shows up. I have ordered stuff from China before at low prices and ahve not been burned yet, but I am cautious.
I have received everything I've ever ordered from China, though some things have taken almost six months to get here. One package paraded through a slew of cities with insanely long names filled with z's, x's, and j's before finally leaving the country to head over here on slow boat. Granted, I'm in the states, but sometimes getting an entire package of flocked trees for two dollars is cheaper than I can even make them for.

kgallaghar
Goblin
Goblin

Post by kgallaghar » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:44 am

Thanks for posting this, especially the picture with the minis. I'll have to get one (or two) of these.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:49 am

I ordered one from Hong Kong on EBay for a really cheap price. I hope it shows up. I have ordered stuff from China before at low prices and ahve not been burned yet, but I am cautious.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”