Catacombs

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Catacombs

Post by zenako » Mon May 27, 2019 10:06 am

I just know how snug many of the dwarvenite inserts fit and I did not want to try and force anything.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Mon May 27, 2019 8:50 am

zenako wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 8:35 am
I am guessing they are for real. I know in the past the shop would let you add stuff to the cart, but would routinely flag it as being out of stock once you tried to place the actual order. I am guessing that the final software does an actual inventory check, before processing, while the shop does not and merely reflects the status on the visual page of stock or sold out. Seems like the Sold Out condition is not a constantly updated status and perhaps something that just happens periodically.

I was intrigued by the shutters, but since I do not own any of the old resin with window holes, and was unsure how well they might fit in the new dwarvenite window openings, did not bother grabbing any.
Hmmm, hadn’t occurred to me there might be a window size difference between resin and dwarvenite - guess I will find out shortly.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon May 27, 2019 8:35 am

I am guessing they are for real. I know in the past the shop would let you add stuff to the cart, but would routinely flag it as being out of stock once you tried to place the actual order. I am guessing that the final software does an actual inventory check, before processing, while the shop does not and merely reflects the status on the visual page of stock or sold out. Seems like the Sold Out condition is not a constantly updated status and perhaps something that just happens periodically.

I was intrigued by the shutters, but since I do not own any of the old resin with window holes, and was unsure how well they might fit in the new dwarvenite window openings, did not bother grabbing any.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sun May 26, 2019 11:08 pm

Riley wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 pm
unclebilly wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:12 pm
Shutters are still there. So I am wondering now if they have a lot of them or it was a mistake and there are none and we will get an email saying none are in stock with a refund. I find it odd they are not already sold out..
I hope it is for real. I bought(?) just enough to fill my resin window walls. I’ve never much liked the bare window openings.

...it does seem a bit too-good-to-be-true, though.
I ordered some today - max qty is 5 sets/order.

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Sun May 26, 2019 9:20 pm

unclebilly wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:12 pm
Shutters are still there. So I am wondering now if they have a lot of them or it was a mistake and there are none and we will get an email saying none are in stock with a refund. I find it odd they are not already sold out..
I hope it is for real. I bought(?) just enough to fill my resin window walls. I’ve never much liked the bare window openings.

...it does seem a bit too-good-to-be-true, though.

unclebilly
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by unclebilly » Sun May 26, 2019 8:12 pm

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun May 26, 2019 5:53 pm

And the anticipation builds. I am interested in of the build lists for some of the sets.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Sun May 26, 2019 5:26 pm

Riley wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 5:06 pm
pacarat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:09 pm
Castle page is 404...
Castles are back again, sorted into Painted and Un-.

No new sets yet.
Good, see them now.

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Sun May 26, 2019 5:06 pm

pacarat wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 3:09 pm
Castle page is 404...
Castles are back again, sorted into Painted and Un-.

No new sets yet.

Arsolos
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Arsolos » Sun May 26, 2019 5:04 pm

Yup, I've been waiting to get shutters for quite a while. They always go for like $80 or $100 or more on Ebay. Thrilled to have picked one up this morning for $15 here!

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”