Trade ROTA 1 or Woodlands for Caverns B or Cavernous Passages B

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Trade ROTA 1 or Woodlands for Caverns B or Cavernous Passages B

Post by dice4hire » Tue May 21, 2019 1:41 am

I think this is a classic posts of "man its hard to communicate clearly on the Internet" or MIH---whatever. ]

I can understand getting something to have it and then being willing to trade it.

i can also imagine getting stuff for trade bait. I used to play MTG so I got a lot of cards simply planning to trade them off later.

I still have a feeling it is wrong to buy something limited and put it up on ebay immediately. Lotta DoD up there at ridiculous prices. I know not everyone agrees with me here, so be it.

for people selling older resin stuff they no longer need in their collection, or even dwarvenite, more power to you. I think if someone here in Japan were willing to buy most of my KSI off me right now i would take them up on it to buy more DoD.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Tue May 21, 2019 1:28 am

jazzman wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:52 pm
kodiakbear wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:28 pm
jazzman wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 4:02 pm
I was able to get a ROTA 1 and a Woodlands set in the recent sparse store restock. I would like to see if anyone wants to trade either one for a Caverns B (no bow ties) or a Cavernous Passages B (no bow ties). I'm still trying to get one of every resin set. Worth a shot. I'm not a fan of selling them for profit so please don't ask about that. :)
jazzman I am not sure what you are saying. It sounds like you bought the store out of two sets you do not want to trade for sets that are no longer being made and so are likely more expensive. Other than using the word trade in stead of sell how is that not for profit?

I am not trying to a an ass but I do not see how the community can see it as any thing other than scaping.

If I misinterpreted your actions I apologize.
I didn't look at it that way I guess KB. I didn't buy out the store to peddle on EBay. I said to myself "well I will likely never get to buy one of these again" so I got them. I have have one of each already and have multiple sets of other resin. I wouldn't mind having multiple of these but would be willing to sacrifice them for sets I don't have that don't come up for sale often. I don't have any water sets either. I highly respect you guys and if others think this is wrong I will not pursue it.
Sounds like I over reacted. Good luck in your quest for one of every resin set.

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Mon May 20, 2019 5:52 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 5:28 pm
jazzman wrote:
I was able to get a ROTA 1 and a Woodlands set in the recent sparse store restock. I would like to see if anyone wants to trade either one for a Caverns B (no bow ties) or a Cavernous Passages B (no bow ties). I'm still trying to get one of every resin set. Worth a shot. I'm not a fan of selling them for profit so please don't ask about that. :)
jazzman I am not sure what you are saying. It sounds like you bought the store out of two sets you do not want to trade for sets that are no longer being made and so are likely more expensive. Other than using the word trade in stead of sell how is that not for profit?

I am not trying to a an ass but I do not see how the community can see it as any thing other than scaping.

I didn't look at it that way I guess KB. I didn't buy out the store to peddle on EBay. I said to myself "well I will likely never get to buy one of these again" so I got them. I have have one of each already and have multiple sets of other resin. I wouldn't mind having multiple of these but would be willing to sacrifice them for sets I don't have that don't come up for sale often. I don't have any water sets either. I highly respect you guys and if others think this is wrong I will not pursue it.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon May 20, 2019 5:50 pm

I think it's a simple case of sometimes money not being enticing enough, but rare collectibles can cause someone to let go of their cavern sets. I see no problem with this from a negotiating standpoint. He says he's not trying to sell for profit, he's just trying to make sure he has an item that his potential trading partner will want. Just because something is OOP and worth more on the secondary market isn't cause to call someone a scalper. He bought it cheaper than it is worth and is hoping to use them in leverage for a trade.

And if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. But to me I don't see a real issue with this.

What I do have an issue with are people that buy the store out and then immediately go to ebay and resell. I have no problem with people listing on ebay and making money. I do have a problem with people actively denying others a shot at a MSRP just to immediately resell it for double the price. I see the similarities, but I feel the intention here is different. I think we all know Jazzman enough on the forums to say he wouldn't try to actively screw us all over. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt here.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon May 20, 2019 5:28 pm

jazzman wrote:

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon May 20, 2019 5:16 pm

I have bowtie versions of both of those sets if you decide to change your mind. :) I'm sure we could work a deal out.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Trade ROTA 1 or Woodlands for Caverns B or Cavernous Passages B

Post by jazzman » Mon May 20, 2019 4:02 pm

Return to “Non-Gaming Talk”