All the sneak Peaks in one location...

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
jericho
Ogre
Ogre

Re:All the sneak Peaks in one location...

Post by jericho » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:32 pm

Nat 20 to my wallet! So awesome!!!

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:25 pm

btw...squares for movement are defined in a subtle way....the least obviously in the street, but they are there If you look for it...just not obvious so as not to destroy the beauty:)

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:17 pm

first Set of prototypes...so improvements will be made....yet, still are quite compelling I think!

Yes there will be some Roofs! And Yes, you can use these new houses with the older Resin Medieval Buildings of course:)

I have included my City Map of Valoria...I have worked on it for decades...the Map will be made available as well...and there are reasons for that....mmmwwhhaaaa!

Attachments
Valoria.jpg
Valoria.jpg (112.98 KiB) Viewed 4844 times
town_3.jpg
town_3.jpg (0 Bytes) Viewed 4844 times
town_2.jpg
town_2.jpg (0 Bytes) Viewed 4844 times
town_1.jpg
town_1.jpg (0 Bytes) Viewed 4844 times

Runeweaver
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Runeweaver » Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:01 pm

Spacing out would be appreciated. Very excited about the city. It sounds wonderful! You mentioned shops and people. I am curious as to what you will portray. Possible shop ideas:

- Butcher
- Baker
- Candlestick maker (sorry, had to)
- Barber
- Innkeeper
- Priests
- Sundry Goods (Merchant)
- Farrier
- Shipwright
- Teamster

They are so many...so many. Mind boggling. This is going to be fun (and expensive).

jericho
Ogre
Ogre

Post by jericho » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:49 pm

Spacing it out is just fine with me. That way I can spend more than I planned to on the city and then on the castle and my wife will be none the wiser.

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:46 pm

Boy, oh boy, oh boy! I can hardly wait! :-)
If you aren't gaming then you aren't living.

Limbolance
Orc
Orc

Post by Limbolance » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:40 pm

Damn! Can't you make it sound less fantastic?? Poor me....

Zaltar of Valoria
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Zaltar of Valoria » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:29 pm

Still a bit jet lagged from China....a very worthwhile trip....I sculpted from 8:30am till about 8:30pm...and we discussed lots about all the fittings and sizes and ways to secure the various pieces....we are looking at pegs rather than magnets...

A lot of re-sculpting of the first prototypes has been done...refinements...

I can post a picture of our first modular building...a teaser....but it's not the finished version....those are still being worked on...We will still be working on stuff with Drew and Elye again in late January....

The large Tower/Castle/Keep/Gatehouse is still not fully worked out...testing is ongoing...it may be pushed back to after the release of the Modular City System....this might seem like a bummer, but do not fret...it is coming almost 99% sure in 2015 in some method...kickstarter or not...I am sure many of you will be relieved that we would space out the release of the "City" and the "Castle" and so the "doom to the wallets" could be spaced out a bit?

I absolutely do not want to rush the Castle to finish without being absolutely sure it will be the best modular castle ever made...so until I have second and maybe third prototype made i will not be satisfied....the first prototype has cost me about $10,000 in sculpting and casting costs already! But Perfection is paramount!

The good news is that this would allow us to concentrate ALL our efforts right now on the City itself! I am positive when you guys/gals see this thing put together you will understand how exciting it is, and all the possible scenarios and fun with miniatures one can have in the buildings, the streets and alleys, and the sewers directly below the City! The best part about this City is it is truly MODULAR not nothing ever created before...and it is a City that will grow over the course of many decades as we will add all sorts of things to it...you will be able to build a small little neighborhood and next game you can change it using the very same pieces...in fact, you can easily change it as you play...by "scrolling" along, if you will...so while some of you will no doubt want to build massive realms...the entry point into the fun will be very similar to the previous 2 kickstarters...affordable to all on a small scale to start, but allowing you to add to your initial investment down the road over the years making it more and more awesome! I am going to make it easy for everybody to make shops for their City, to populate it with people and animals, etc, etc...and for those who have clamored for my Maps over the years, you will be happy, as they will be a part of it!

Thank you ALL SO MUCH for being patrons and collectors and allowing us to have so much fun living this dream!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:25 pm

I think the most clearly defined movement will be from your wallet to DF coffers.

My wallet also.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Limbolance
Orc
Orc

Post by Limbolance » Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:52 pm

Weep now for my wallet... I, also want clearly defined movement squares... Sigh....

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”