April Build of the Month - Wyvern Watch Castle

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

April Build of the Month - Wyvern Watch Castle

Post by zenako » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:00 pm

Just watched the videos for the April Build of the month and my wallet is glad I do not need more castles, but I have to admit I was tempted to just get ...more...., and not even sure what I would do with them. Nice Castle that is in many ways more appealing for gaming than the existing castles in the Shop (Grand Citadel and Royal Keep), and since it is built using just a bundle of the smaller packs (and has a bunch of leftovers as Nate showed) should be more viable to keep in stock. While the price point is higher than some of the other Build of the Months, it does give you a LOT of castles to play with, once that interloper RB is evicted.

Main video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNqDKeHRVlY

Build tips -which was actually more interesting for me. (plus it is shorter)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir1iM5t5ZpA

realarete
Ogre
Ogre

Re: April Build of the Month - Wyvern Watch Castle

Post by realarete » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:11 pm

Well, I am never going to be able to read another post by RB and not hear Nates impression of him in my ears :lol:

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:51 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
101 Resin and 269 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

SwissArmyMage
Orc
Orc

Post by SwissArmyMage » Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:29 pm

I grabbed an unpainted deluxe and have now dipped my toe in the last "biome" of DF. (not counting the city castle stuff)

I also then immediately turned around and put that gift card to a runic theme megapack and some other misc castle add-ons (ruins, a bridge, insert walls...), so I should have a fair amount to play with for now.
So I still spent around 2K. Gonna have to lay off Etsy for awhile...

The video was probably the most entertaining to date, I like the "involve the community" approach. They should definitely do some form of contests to get a batch of user submitted characters/minis and have a recurring cast of characters, possibly resetting yearly. This'll probably improve engagement with the BotM and sales as well as be more fun.
Link to my drive with photos of my custom painted collection.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Updated with new pics on occasion.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:07 pm

Castles can be the most dramatic of terrain when your players walk into the room for a session. It will dominate the map and they can be fun to just play with as well, as you have seen in the various photos many of us have posted on various builds. Have fun. (If I did not already have over a 1000 KS4 tiles (which does include a few sets of Erinthor) I would be sorely tempted as well. Frankly still tempted but holding off for now and stewing on it in the recesses of my DF brain compartments... :) )

Starved Hound
Orc
Orc

Post by Starved Hound » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:19 am

Great month this is you are after castle pieces, with two nice versions offered up.

Was going to go for the deluxe unpainted, then realised that with taxes it was working out just over £1,800.

With the next KSer due later in the year, I have decided this money should go towards this, as I currently have no CBS, and hopefully what they offer up can tempt me to pledge big.

And if not, then I'll get the castle bits and bobs.
The Starved Hound. Former Kith warrior and Lagomorph hunter, has only just now evolved to run on all fours, like the animal that he is.

MCharod
Goblin
Goblin

Post by MCharod » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:07 pm

really like this build of the month...looks like the perfect setup if you don't have any castles like me.
unfortunately it's too rich for my blood at this time.

SwissArmyMage
Orc
Orc

Post by SwissArmyMage » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:17 pm

Also, I love how they keep mentioning that this is "the first time we've offered unpainted".

But I distinctly recall buying the Demonic Depths from last May in unpainted. Then painting it. :lol:
Link to my drive with photos of my custom painted collection.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Updated with new pics on occasion.

Adustus
Orc
Orc

Post by Adustus » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:12 pm

If anybody has an issue where they try to get the painted BotM and it lets them put it into the cart, but then says it's sold out at checkout, that's because we've sold out of the corner walls that are part of the pack; we used a new bundling software this time and while normally this would list the whole bundle as sold out, this new software isn't for some reason.

So we're trying to figure that out, while also seeing if we can free up some more corner walls to offer a few more of the painted option. We still have unpainted in stock though.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:39 pm

Well, that is kind of good news for DF and likely my wallet. I know I was able to add at least 4 or 5 painted copies shortly after the BotM posted. So there are at least a handful of new Castle folks with fresh new toys out there. (I did not try to find the limit. Was just curious if it was more than a handful.)

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”