ForgeCon/Twitch Anniversary Game (Player and Build Submissions)

See the individual Kickstarter Forums for updates on our Kickstarters. This Forum is for general news about our products.
zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: ForgeCon/Twitch Anniversary Game (Player and Build Submissions)

Post by zenako » Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:27 pm

Excellent, I am very happy that the response to the call for builds was so good.

Adustus
Orc
Orc

Post by Adustus » Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:19 pm

Okay, we have the vote results! We wound up in a bit of a tricky situation, because we ended up having a three-way tie for third place. Nate and I talked it over and tried to figure out what the best way to handle it was, and we figured the most FUN option would be to take all five of the builds that made it into the top three. So that's what we're doing, we worked out some rough ideas of how to utilize them all in ways that won't bloat the length of the game, which we'll go over on Wednesday.

So without further ado, the five builds selected by viewer votes are: Dark Mirror by Mako, Grave of the Snake by Oger, Grind House by David B Moffit, Warchief Gotta New Ride by KasperKenobi, and Rabbit's Revenge by Rabbit Burner!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:49 pm

All excellent builds - my favorite didn't make it though :(

HUGE shout out to Entwined Elements - that build has it all (and would have worked fantastic with Rabbit Burner's) - fire, ice, DoD, caverns and super creepy green light in the basement

i LOVE this build - if you missed it first time around, it is worth a look!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:58 am

So many good builds and write ups.

Was surprised ours made it through as it was fuelled by petty vengeance at being disqualified from the game!*

Lets see them build THIS!

VENGENCE SHALL BE OURS!!!!!!!!!!

So while there was a narrative it was not defined and moving minis around will be difficult through the gate house and there is just not a lot of room.

Double height ruined castle walls is an absolute pain and we slapped fire everywhere (magnetised or otherwise).

Then looking at the other entries, they were like wow! so much imagination so many cool write ups. So difficult to pick out 3, ours did not make our final 8.

* it should be noted that the disqualification was our own idea as we had not played DnD this millennium.

Watching last nights OtA creating the narrative for Fridays game, we do think it was a good decision :(
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Adustus
Orc
Orc

Post by Adustus » Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:42 am

I'm looking through the notes from last night and I genuinely can't believe we're putting on this game, it's going to be absolutely unhinged.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:32 am

I watched the presentation on U tube. I was disappointed that last nights presentation had no CC.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:14 pm

Rabbit your build was VERY cool - amazing how the ice walls looked like steam against the lava - cool effect

this couldn't come on a busier week for me - i missed the story line stream, and will miss the game too - i will have to watch everything later - still this is very cool and a whole lot of fun!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Return to “Dwarven Forge News”