Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: FUNDED !!!
#50269
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
biowizard wrote:
Arcarius2001 means this:



I also do not know what it is...


You guys are scaring me with your detective work...indeed, that is part of the Catacomb 2 set...sculpted by Casey...the door part of it, the part you have not spied, is just pure awesomeness....
Stefan
Admin
Posts: 2049
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male Location: Brooklyn, NY Birthday: 12/25
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Stefan Pokorny

CEO Dwarven Forge, LLC
 
#50274
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
Harneloot wrote:
That is my fear - that the stretch goals will stop enticing people b/c it will simply be more of the same pieces.


Well, more of the same means customers are getting more for sets for the same amount of money. That's good for new customers, who'd think of getting the advanced pieces only after they have enough pieces to make a dungeon. As of $250,000, the $120 two set pledge will get 2.5 sets of pieces. That's only about five rooms.
ced1106
Goblin
Posts: 66
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#50275
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
I think ced1109 has it right on this. For the KS to reach 2-3 millions, it needs a lot of new customers, it does not need to please more those already committed. If all stretch goals are reached and they double the actual # of pieces per set, for only $170 someone living in the States will be receiving 4 painted basic Sets delivered to his door! How cool is that! And if he has any patience, he can paint him himself and pay only $120. In my mind, fantasy rpg fans might not afford not to take this incredible offer... just like the Reaper bones!

I say: If anyone wants add-ons, just buy them! They are already available at: www.dwarvenforge.com/products

(and those not in stock right now, they will be restocked this coming summer, before the Game Tiles are even produced...)

Stefan, please keep the actual Stretch Goals, mostly to keep building up the sheer # of DF fans.
biowizard
Minotaur
Posts: 1007
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male thierry.bertomeu Location: Montreal Birthday: 02/03
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#50277
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
What u say is true and good. However, there is a certain psychology to KSers and part of it is uncovering new swag as it keeps getting higher. I think a great compromise would be to have the very deniable WA sets and FF set available for pre- order now, while the KS is happening.
Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Posts: 2561
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Champion of the 6" DOE Hallway!VINDICATION!~!

NASCRAG Champions 2011!
 
#50278
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
biowizard wrote:
I think ced1109 has it right on this. For the KS to reach 2-3 millions, it needs a lot of new customers, it does not need to please more those already committed. If all stretch goals are reached and they double the actual # of pieces per set, for only $170 someone living in the States will be receiving 4 painted basic Sets delivered to his door! How cool is that! And if he has any patience, he can paint him himself and pay only $120. In my mind, fantasy rpg fans might not afford not to take this incredible offer... just like the Reaper bones!

I say: If anyone wants add-ons, just buy them! They are already available at: www.dwarvenforge.com/products

(and those not in stock right now, they will be restocked this coming summer, before the Game Tiles are even produced...)

Stefan, please keep the actual Stretch Goals, mostly to keep building up the sheer # of DF fans.


biowizard, I absolutely love that DF is getting new fans and customers, and don't get me wrong, free pieces for all of us is fantastic!

That being said, the extra free pieces are actually incentive to spend LESS on the kickstarter. If I want 3 sets, I could easily pay for two and get (almost) 3.

Plus, on top of that, there's no incentive for current backers (even if they are new customers) to spend more money that they initially spent. Whereas, if new and exciting add-ons are added to the Kickstarter, many customers would be willing to throw and extra $10 here and there.

My point is that while adding things would obviously be nice for current DF customers, new customers will also benefit, and it will help push the Kickstarter to absurd levels, which gets new customers more free pieces, sending this into a never-ending loop of pledges :D
Maimonides_vii
Goblin
Posts: 55
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chris Camburn
 
#50287
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
biowizard wrote:

I say: If anyone wants add-ons, just buy them! They are already available at: www.dwarvenforge.com/products

(and those not in stock right now, they will be restocked this coming summer, before the Game Tiles are even produced...)


Except that most people in the KS are not long-time DF fans, so they don't know if/when items on the website will be restocked. For that matter, we don't know if/when those items will be restocked. :)

Point is, you want to remove the barriers that exist for people to buy the product. KS backers are already registered and in the mood to spend money. Why make them come to this website, register here, hunt around for options that may/may not be in stock, THEN place separate orders (or worse, pre-orders) with their own shipping charges, etc. And remember, each time someone has to get out their credit card for a new site, that's another time for them to reconsider their purchase.

No, you tack these options on to the KS and make it as EASY AS POSSIBLE for folks to just click a new radio button on the screen. It's so easy, it's hardly like spending money, which is the goal.
CraftyShafty
Orc
Posts: 144
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#50289
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
Just wanted to say congrats to DF team! :)

Looking forward to seeing the displays @ GenCon! They were awesome in 2010, seeing the elven set there.
dungeoncrawler
Orc
Posts: 136
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#50291
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
Maimonides_vii wrote:

biowizard, I absolutely love that DF is getting new fans and customers, and don't get me wrong, free pieces for all of us is fantastic!

That being said, the extra free pieces are actually incentive to spend LESS on the kickstarter. If I want 3 sets, I could easily pay for two and get (almost) 3.

Plus, on top of that, there's no incentive for current backers (even if they are new customers) to spend more money that they initially spent. Whereas, if new and exciting add-ons are added to the Kickstarter, many customers would be willing to throw and extra $10 here and there.


I hereby approve of and/or endorse the above statement.
CraftyShafty
Orc
Posts: 144
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#50294
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
Oooh, I get it now. Basically, most of you are proposing a pre-order option (to be unlocked or not through stretch goals) on kickstarter of existing Polystone products. There would need to be some incentive to get it somehow cheaper there than on the regular DF site, such as a reduced shipping fee. I don't know the shipping logistic behind it but it might be nightmarish to fit the Game Tiles product within the same boxes the warehouse is presently using for regular styrofoam boxes.

A very simple option could be to offer DF gift certificates to be used when the Game Tiles are produced for slightly cheaper the more money you put into them such as:

$95 gift certificate for $900 (5% rebate)
$500 gift certificate for $450 (10% rebate)
$1000 gift certificate for $850 (15% rebate)

Right now, Jeff already makes bulk prices if you buy 10 regular sets at once and you ask nicely.

Another option would be to revive/make sure they are in stock many of the individual pieces that are most likely to fit small Game Tiles-oriented collections: pillars (big & small), stairs, fire wall (from WA3), gold pile...
biowizard
Minotaur
Posts: 1007
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Gender: Male thierry.bertomeu Location: Montreal Birthday: 02/03
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#50296
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
Hi, new here. In fact, this is my first post. I was brought in by the kickstarter.

What some of us are hoping to see is add ons in 'dwarvenite' not the existing resin. Even if they are just versions of existing items, like the diagonal walls, in the new material.

I do most of my GM'ing at conventions these days. I've used tokens and paper maps, because things get damaged in transport. Then Reaper came out with bones, and I'm looking forward to using actual miniatures that I can toss in a backpack and not worry about the TSA hurting or some hyper 12 year old dropping on the floor.

Now Dwarven Forge is offering something just as durable for dungeon terrain. I'm terribly excited about using it to improve my games at cons. But I'm not really interested in Resin. Blasphemy to some of you, but I've seen horrible things happen to artwork transported by plane to cons. I don't think the TSA is going to be any more considerate of my toys.
Argentee
Kobold
Posts: 8
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#50297
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
biowizard wrote:
Oooh, I get it now. Basically, most of you are proposing a pre-order option (to be unlocked or not through stretch goals) on kickstarter of existing Polystone products. There would need to be some incentive to get it somehow cheaper there than on the regular DF site, such as a reduced shipping fee. I don't know the shipping logistic behind it but it might be nightmarish to fit the Game Tiles product within the same boxes the warehouse is presently using for regular styrofoam boxes.

A very simple option could be to offer DF gift certificates to be used when the Game Tiles are produced for slightly cheaper the more money you put into them such as:

$95 gift certificate for $900 (5% rebate)
$500 gift certificate for $450 (10% rebate)
$1000 gift certificate for $850 (15% rebate)

Right now, Jeff already makes bulk prices if you buy 10 regular sets at once and you ask nicely.

Another option would be to revive/make sure they are in stock many of the individual pieces that are most likely to fit small Game Tiles-oriented collections: pillars (big & small), stairs, fire wall (from WA3), gold pile...


Exactly :)

And I think that Gift Cert idea is fantastic, because it would solve said nightmare packaging / shipping problems.

I have to absolutely agree (especially if Jeff and/or Stefan are reading) that smaller options are better. However much I'd like to pick up some full sets, smaller options are

a) usable with Game Tiles, and can easily be showcased in pictures (Pillars, Stairs, etc.)

b) They are cheaper, and make for great add-ons. The cheaper they are, the more likely people are going to add them on, since the logic is "Well, it's only 10 more dollars..."
Maimonides_vii
Goblin
Posts: 55
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chris Camburn
 
#50298
Re:FUNDED !!! 1 Year, 4 Months ago  
Argentee wrote:
Hi, new here. In fact, this is my first post. I was brought in by the kickstarter.

What some of us are hoping to see is add ons in 'dwarvenite' not the existing resin. Even if they are just versions of existing items, like the diagonal walls, in the new material.

I do most of my GM'ing at conventions these days. I've used tokens and paper maps, because things get damaged in transport. Then Reaper came out with bones, and I'm looking forward to using actual miniatures that I can toss in a backpack and not worry about the TSA hurting or some hyper 12 year old dropping on the floor.

Now Dwarven Forge is offering something just as durable for dungeon terrain. I'm terribly excited about using it to improve my games at cons. But I'm not really interested in Resin. Blasphemy to some of you, but I've seen horrible things happen to artwork transported by plane to cons. I don't think the TSA is going to be any more considerate of my toys.


First off, Welcome! :) I think you'll find most everyone on the forums is extremely nice and helpful, so if you have any questions, ask away.

In terms of making more sets in Dwarvinite, I know Stefan mentioned that the mold for the new material are EXTREMELY expensive, especially compared to the molds for the resin. So I think it's unlikely any add-ons will be in the new material, though obviously I am not an authority figure here.

One good thing to note, this Kickstarter has drawn a lot of attention to DF, and Stefan has said he has plans to make more sets in Dwarvinite, so stay with us! It sounds like it might not be soon, but it's definitely in the works.
Maimonides_vii
Goblin
Posts: 55
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Chris Camburn
 
Go to topPage: 123
Your Cart:
0 Items Order Total: $0.00

0 Product
$0.00



Login to see your account info

Once you login you will be able to see your different account areas here, order history, shipping information and your account information.