Re: How to Build the Royal Stronghold

Post by Harneloot » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:47 pm

Kryzsko wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:10 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:10 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 am
Watching it now, and it looks great, but is it just me or is the sound of the pieces going together really different than the older dwarvenite? I do not remember my builds clicking that way.
Yeah, I have the feeling they will be lighter than I would have expected and feel like a Games Workshop type of plastic instead of dwarvenite. This makes me worried for cracking in the future if something gets dropped or bumped in the wrong place. We'll see though.
Ya, I am sure the Dwarvenite G is a more rigid plastic. The upside is that it is harder and not likely to warp but it is likely slightly more brittle. I have minis made of this type of material and so far none have broken and they have small points like wrists (I know other people have had them break). It also looks similar to the plastic Mantic is using in their Terrain Crate KS and they demonstrated how durable it is by hitting it with a hammer.
Good to hear. I think I remember DF saying it was akin to Lego plastic?

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:10 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:10 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Watching it now, and it looks great, but is it just me or is the sound of the pieces going together really different than the older dwarvenite? I do not remember my builds clicking that way.
Yeah, I have the feeling they will be lighter than I would have expected and feel like a Games Workshop type of plastic instead of dwarvenite. This makes me worried for cracking in the future if something gets dropped or bumped in the wrong place. We'll see though.
Ya, I am sure the Dwarvenite G is a more rigid plastic. The upside is that it is harder and not likely to warp but it is likely slightly more brittle. I have minis made of this type of material and so far none have broken and they have small points like wrists (I know other people have had them break). It also looks similar to the plastic Mantic is using in their Terrain Crate KS and they demonstrated how durable it is by hitting it with a hammer.

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:00 pm

Harneloot wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:37 am
I am still in awe that they were actually able to pull it off - KS4 will go down in history I think!
I agree completely. I think this is as close as we will ever get to that colosseum from the old video. I doubt we will ever see any company do something at this scale ever again. The fact that they pulled it off and were only a few months late amazes me. The KS4 may not be for everyone but I am impressed and it demonstrates why Dwarven Forge is my favorite company.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:10 pm

dice4hire wrote:
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Stormfury
Orc
Orc

Post by Stormfury » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:09 am

OMG, Seeing how much stuff is in that Royal Stronghold, I fear I won't have enough room to store my pieces... Going to need a storage shed...
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:50 am

A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Fri Apr 28, 2017 8:37 am

I am still in awe that they were actually able to pull it off - KS4 will go down in history I think!

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:59 am

I bought a painted RS and a GC. I really like the way the magnets snap it together. Very much looking forward to getting mine in a few weeks.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

How to Build the Royal Stronghold

Post by Kryzsko » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:54 am

Here is Stefan's video on how to build your Royal Stronghold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58eLhgcaMFc

I am not even getting a Royal Stronghold but damn it looks amazing. I think this is some of the best painting we have seen since the resin. I am painting mine myself but still think this looks great. I was not a fan of KS1&2 paint jobs, but KS3 looked better and this looks fantastic. I am sure I will have no difficulty building my castle as I will have watched these tutorial videos over a million times by the time I get mine next month. :D