August 2007 Contest -- The Medieval Tavern/Inn

Shadox
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Shadox » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:51 pm

Well as Thoth had said I was hoping on doing a great setup and my son was also going to help me. I did not get the stuff completely unpacked until the sunday after teh contest. So we missed it. Anyway I finally looked at all the entries. They are AWESOME!!! GS I hope you do not mind but I plan on mimicking your setup along with the private dining room of Myrthe. The Players will love it. Well deserved. I hope that th enext contest includes the tavern and/or new water stuff. Should be great chance for us all to play.

Shadox

Myrthe
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Myrthe » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:41 pm

Hey, GS, Congrats on the win !!!! Great job, as always !!!

fiddy
Orc
Orc

Post by fiddy » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:30 am

Congratulations GS! A well-deserved win.

THOTH
Orc
Orc

Post by THOTH » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:46 am

Congrats GS and everyone else - all great layouts. I was going to do one with my youngest son - who has really taken to the MB sets - but he was away at the grandparents and we got busy with school prep - so missed the deadline. I still haven't expiremented with the set as much as I need to anyway so no great loss (though my son has been pretty creative with it). Anyway - looking forward to the next contest (thinking water & caverns here!)

shoesan
Goblin
Goblin

Post by shoesan » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:57 pm

Congrats GS! I really liked your "cheap bed" room. I thought that alone was the coolest thing in all of the setups!

Shoe

Ghenghis Ska
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Ghenghis Ska » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:38 pm

Blushes...

Well since the contest is over.

Great layouts all

Shoeshan
It took me forever to figure out what that wodden "wall" by the door in the upper lft corner of #2 was, but when i figured out brillinat use of the floor cover.
The railings look cool on the stairs, and i like the diagonal floor as a landing.

L
I liked the second story in the 2nd picture, and the last, i wish i could have seen more of the back the top down/overview in it really doesn't do that area justice.
There are some great things in it i would have liked to see better.

Myrthe
Really like the compact layout that was really well documented with the photos i don't think anything got missed.
i wanted to do "private dining rooms" but coudln't swing it in my design, i love that element in fantasy bars/taverns, i have had many an adventure start or er end there... :)

Fiddy
I like the kind of Septagonal room in the middle back, adds a really cool touch of... not whimsy, but maybe fantasy design to it, some thing you don't see every day.

I like all of these, these are some solid layouts for Bars/Taverns.

Anybody going to put thier layouts up as Tile system maps, in the Sample maps area. I have mine on my desktop at home and will put it up when i get home.

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:02 pm

We have a WINNER!

Thank you everyone that took the time to enter the contest! We greatly appreciate the effort -- and I think everyone enjoyed the layout ideas.

The Winner is Ghenghis Ska! He will be getting a online coupon code for $100 worth of whatever DF he wants.

Again, thank you all for putting in an entry, and I hope you know your photos will be enjoyed for many years to come be Forumites.

The NEXT contest will be announced next week -- and it will have a deadline of Nov. 30th.

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:31 am

That is exactly what I thought! Too funny!

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:30 pm

I just hope Stefan isn't the one who burned The Man early!

;)

L

admin
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by admin » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:08 am

Stefan will return from his "artistic retreat" in short order. I just hope Peter kept an eye out for him -- and kept him out of trouble.