PUZZLE DESIGN CONTEST

Fizzikx
Orc
Orc

Re: PUZZLE DESIGN CONTEST

Post by Fizzikx » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:47 pm

OK so after several emergency projects, hours of grueling work, and a personal crisis that I had to work through - I have FINALLY shipped your guys pieces out. Thank you all for being so incredibly (seriously, INCREDIBLY) patient.

Please enjoy and post pictures if you enjoy them!

Fizzikx
Orc
Orc

Re:PUZZLE DESIGN CONTEST

Post by Fizzikx » Wed Oct 29, 2014 11:29 am

Ok folks quick update involving the winners;

Looks like I'll have time to build your winning pieces on 11/22. Expect shipping within a week or two after that. Again, I'll be sending tracking #s via email once I have them.

Thanks again so much to all that participated =)

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:15 pm

Thanks for that, Fizzikx. I enjoy seeing others' ideas and work.
Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.

Fizzikx
Orc
Orc

Post by Fizzikx » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:01 pm

jchunick wrote:

Hey Fizzikx! Nice idea with the contest. Could you post pics of your torch walls? I'd love to see them.

Above is a much more recent picture, with a picture of my Torch Bearer mod as well (for Minis).
Attachments
photo_4_1.jpg
photo_4_1.jpg (0 Bytes) Viewed 7721 times

Fizzikx
Orc
Orc

Post by Fizzikx » Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:53 pm

jchunick wrote:

Hey Fizzikx! Nice idea with the contest. Could you post pics of your torch walls? I'd love to see them.

Hey Jchunick,

Here is a link to my once upon a time thread where I posted a few pics of my original modified walls (with Red LEDs for the Chamber of Sorrows).

My designs have improved since then but that's the rough idea.

http://www.dwarvenforge.com/forum?func= ... 0&id=58711

jasdotcom
Orc
Orc

Post by jasdotcom » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:29 pm

What a generous person and a fantastic idea! I would be ok with having a sticky thread under the Gaming section where everyone could post their puzzles (along with the CR of each).

This way all of us would have a "Go To" place to grab some awesome ideas for the adventures we create.

Thwick
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Thwick » Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:44 pm

For anyone who is interested, here is the floor inscription that I sent to Fizzik for the alignment puzzle.
-Thwick
Attachments
Slide1-e3c3b0bf1d2d889dde63405d1f94df96.jpg
Slide1-e3c3b0bf1d2d889dde63405d1f94df96.jpg (66.5 KiB) Viewed 7684 times

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:48 pm

I really enjoyed the contest honestly. I'm glad a few folks enjoyed the ideas I put forth, sharing cool ideas is definitely part of the fun of the hobby. One of Thwick's ideas got me thinking about fun ways to design puzzles based in part on the party's own antics over the course of the campaign. Perhaps even rip off Final Fantasy one where it involves time travel and turns out that the heroes of today are actually the legendary heroes of yesteryear? This way the puzzles were actually designed by someone close to the party in the past to make sure only the party could get through them to get to the object or device that sends them back to fulfill their destiny...

So many neat ideas to play with... they say there is nothing new under the sun, but if that's true the trick is clever and novel arrangements, right?

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:08 pm

EVERYONE WINS!

I knew i should have submitted my idea!

Hats of to Fizzikz for a fun contest.

My idea (or the best i could come up with during a crazy week) was that each time you lit a column, the two adjacent to it's opposite would turn off/on. The goal would be to create a pattern that they had found/seen somewhere else in the dungeon. These type of puzzles work great as electronic or video games, but at the table they are tedious.

That is why i thought Lord Dust's idea was so good - more of a story excercise than a brain teaser
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

jchunick
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by jchunick » Sun Oct 05, 2014 10:49 am

Unless otherwise noted, my views and opinions on this forum are my own and do not, in any way, reflect the views and opinions of Dwarven Forge.