Suggestions from the peanut gallery

szabbran
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Suggestions from the peanut gallery

Post by szabbran » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:07 pm

Oldent that setup is incredible. I hope we get some nice crystal pieces in KS6, they look amazing, especially with the LEDs in your setup.

And Magic Mouth should absolutely be included in KS6. Would be an awesome magnetic piece.

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:58 am

astolat wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:42 am
I would also love cavern features that do half-levels of elevation the way that daises do in the DOD, to get variation in floor level without having to go a full level up.
I am hoping for some more elevation options too. Right now I just place floor tiles on top of the floor tiles and surround them with chasm pieces but we need more chasm pieces for better variety.

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:42 am

The LED floodlight looks amazing, Oldent. I too would love something like that.

I would also love cavern features that do half-levels of elevation the way that daises do in the DOD, to get variation in floor level without having to go a full level up.

Seraphis the Bland
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:31 am

kitenerd wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:23 am
szabbran wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:36 am
Just had my one stroke of genius for the day (month? year?)- for the KS 6 caverns I would love to see a wall shape that includes some kind of natural looking arch to it that matches the shape/dimensions of the KS5 vaulted walls. This would let us slot in things like the ossuaries, weapon nooks, or other inserts to flavor the caverns! And then any new inserts for the caverns would also be compatible with the KS5 dungeon tiles. Large vaulted 2x4 cavern walls could also look amazing, and allow things like the golem walls to be added to a cavern.

Seems like this could be a very cool way to include versatile decorative pieces. I'd love to use ossuaries or a weapon nook to add some character to a goblin cave!

If they went this route, what new inserts would you like to see? I think some Dwarven statues could be cool up against the vaulted walls in a cave or dungeon. Or maybe a cocooned adventurer/skeleton?
This is a great idea - off the top of my head:

1) body impaled by spear
2) body partly encased in rock
3) egg either whole or hatched
4) hood and front 1/4 panel if a 1966 VW beetle
5) apse with statue
6) glyphs/cave painting
7) crystal deposit
8) corner of a chest
9) frightening fossil remain
10) arcane steampunk device (wheels or levers)

Lots of potential here

It could be a subscription... DFs insert of the month...
All good suggestions. And there's still time for that Magic Mouth!

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:20 am

natetaylor wrote:
Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:11 am
This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Very inspiring...
Thanks

I hope something like this can make your product line. A flood light is hardly anyone's intellectual property.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by natetaylor » Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:11 am

This is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing. Very inspiring...

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:59 am

LED flood light.
DF already produces a cool light box. My thought why not turn the lights out ward. Then you could project the LED effect to where you want. The flood light would need to be hidden in a round tile or stalagmite or rock. The wiring is already done.

This is the DF light box resting on a LED coaster I have been experimenting with.

With a round cover the LED coaster can be used as a flood light I am going to make some for myself. I think DF could easily make some flood lights in green blue and or red and yellow for lava. This would look nice with a fog machine.

The LED coaster is a bit large I will make a few custom items for it.

This is one idea I had for the LED coaster.

Another idea.

LED flood lights could be used with the city system or castle I am sure DF could hide it in a rock so that the flood light could be used any where.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:43 am

I am hoping for 8x8 floors.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Arbados
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Arbados » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:18 am

Simple priority need on my end is having varied wall and floor pieces, as suggested by many, to make the set-ups not so stagnant and repetitive. That has to be the greatest need! All others are icing on the cake. I'll add that 4x4, 6x6 and larger floor pieces are a great bonus and desire as well! It simply makes set-ups on the fly so much easier which many of us do.

szabbran
Goblin
Goblin

Post by szabbran » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:13 pm

jazzman wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:56 am
Would be an ovoid shape and be cavern like and not square.
This is something I'm hoping for with a lot of the new cavern pieces. I love my KS2 pieces, but they really could use some options to make things less square. From what's been teased in KS6 with larger rounded pieces and the "half" curves and things it seems like it may be moving towards that which is cool. I'm also considering getting the Burrow passages at retail even though I passed them over in KS5 just because they provide some nice irregular side rooms I could throw down quickly attached to caverns or dungeons.