I would suggest for brevity's sake that we try not to comment on this thread except to add new pictures or info; the point of this thread is to not have to hunt through pages of comments to find the pictures, if that makes any sense.
- The campaign is currently slated to begin in JUNE.
- It will be a CAVERNS theme.
- The campaign will be an Encounter-based set-up similar to KS5.
- There will be a module, like the Dungeon of Doom in KS5.
- KS6 will be light on miniatures, because Dwarven Forge is doing a miniatures-themed Kickstarter later in 2018.
- Terrain Trays and Elevation Platform will be back
- Stefan posted on Facebook that there will be new WATER pieces. He has also stated that there will be "over 100 sculpts" in this kickstarter.
- It has been stated KS5 will have a Dwarvenite color and paint scheme that will match the KS1 pieces; it is expected that KS6 will follow the same reasoning and match KS2's caverns.
- Basalt will NOT be in this kickstarter (as per Stefan) but may be in a future kickstarter.
Stefan posted here in the forums:
Nate has posted the following info:
natetaylor wrote: ↑Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:14 pmWe have plans for configuring sets, in such a way to minimize forcing existing Caverns owners to buy redundant pieces. And we have a way to allow BYOD backers to participate in the SGs. We're also more conscious of alternate ways to get the "capstone" pieces without going in for an entire mega pledge. We'll have a better distribution of SG's across the various pledge levels. We'll have walkthrough videos shot before the campaign and alternate builds too. Etc, etc, etc...natetaylor wrote: ↑Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:14 pmSome of the key features:
- New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
- Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
- Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
- Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
- Large pieces (4x4 and larger)