7. Villagers/townsfolk
8. Villagers/townsfolk
9. Villagers/townsfolk

astolat
Goblin
Goblin

Re: What minis do you MOST want?

Post by astolat » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 pm

I have voted for townsfolk/villagers but would also love seated minis. (I LOVE the idea of the two-part minis with swappable legs.)

I would also like to put in a specific plea for non-Caucasian minis (of any fantasy race) and a variety of generic villager female minis. I would REALLY love women with baskets and doing the wash and/or sewing or spinning/weaving (the last would also be amazing as a "three fates" option).

Finally, I would love any more "unique" minis like the cockroach rider and the two-headed lizardman. I generally feel my very favorite parts of any DF kickstarter are the special/unexpected and surprising bits where I get the feeling that someone over there in Valoria got excited about making the thing. That's what I am most excited about.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:08 pm

I did not role play much when the Night at the prancing Pony figures were available.It took me many years to track them down. I use them often as furniture for the inn or tavern.

You enter the tavern and see a stranger at the bar,a few locals playing cards and some fool Took dancing on the table again.

You peak through the key hole and find the missing guards playing cards

The fool Took http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lost ... r-029a.jpg
and http://www.miniatures-workshop.com/lost ... _-_M122%29

You clearly won't use them if you do not have them.

I also want Stepen and his dog

Almost every thing people are ranking is widely available. I think people will be more excited about the personalities when they know more about them.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Animewarped
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Animewarped » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:27 pm

My list is,

#1 Villagers/Townsfolk
#2 Seated
#3 Valorian Personalities
#4 Dead bodies ( not just adventurers)

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Welcome waregamingrecon!

DF is totally kid safe unless they eat it ;) - My kids play and build all the time ("Can we play walls?") - they have their own tub of KS1 bits with some minis and they add construction paper rivers and make bridges (you think the forums are filled with creative ways to use pieces, you should see what six year olds can do!)

ANyway have fun with your daughter and thanks for raising another gamer!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

wargamingrecon

Post by wargamingrecon » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:51 am

Hi All. I'm new to the forum, but been excited about all that Stefan and Dwarven Forge does.

I picked my #1 in the poll, but would actually like to rank them if I am so allowed.

Also, I'd like to say that I'm most interested in painted figures and preferably something more durable like the Dwarvenite material used for them instead of metal. There's tons of metal and plastic figures available in the hobby ranging from Games Workshop, Reaper, D&D, etc. Some of those are even pre-painted to a mass production standard.

What I think would set this mini KS apart is the unique Dwarvenite material and the higher level of painting that Dwarven Forge can provide. I have a 3 year old daughter who likes to play with my Dwarven Forge houses. I know they're not rated as being kid safe (I play with her). But, they are durable to withstand her play and in my opinion are toddler proof. Many gamers have kids and want to include their children in this hobby that we love. It seems like a win-win to use the unique material that Dwarven Forge has when casting these new minis.

1- Valorian personalities
2- villagers/townsfolk
3- large single bad ass monsters
4- Adventurers
5- humanoid Monsters
6- mounted minis
7- Seated minis (tavern patrons)
8- dead adventurers

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:40 am

mazesmonsters wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:24 am
I guess I'm the outlier, but I use DF pretty much exclusively for combat; therefore, I am only interested in minis where they usefully illustrate combat conflict: adventurers, monsters, dead folks, etc. Villagers don't really do too much for me - although i do like the idea of an angry mob, if anything.
welcome mazesmonsters!

i mainly use DF for combat too, but i play in a world where innocents are frequently in the way, and hurting them will get you in real trouble...
innfight.jpg
innfight.jpg (122.92 KiB) Viewed 470 times
that was last night - i am the invisible sorcerer at the end of the hall - having discovered that these three thugs were going to beat my sleeping friend over a perceived slight i went to stop them - i summoned a swarm (Mad Monkeys) to discourage them and then boomed in a deep voice "This man is under gods protection, flee if you wish to live!" (i am a celestial sorcerer who has met my angel father and knows my lineage, i am also a paranoid megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur...) - they passed their intimidation check and stayed, but when bar patrons rounded the corner i dispelled the swarm

at this point my friend woke up, answered the door in pajamas and it all went to hell from there - it ended with three bodies on the ground, only two of which they were able so save - sadly the dead one was in his room, killed by his blade - he is in jail up at the keep now... it is not good, they will likely hang him - i am already planning a rescue (think Cat Ballou) - i have escaped that jail once before, but that is a long funny story for another day
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Joebing

Post by Joebing » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:35 am

I want to see a quality jann/janni miniature. Wizkids and Ral Partha both did less than expected ones.

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Post by Gargs454 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:32 am

I went with townsfolk as my number one priority. Main reason being that these tend to be the hardest minis to find.

I agree that seated minis are even harder to find, but for my personal uses, they are unlikely to get much use since I use all this stuff for gaming. Frankly, if I had a seated townsfolk, I'd that want/need a standing version of the same mini for when my players inevitably start to burn the tavern down. :)

GrumpyOne
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GrumpyOne » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:29 am

Can I put townsfolk as choices 1-8? If not, then:

1- villagers/townsfolk
2- dead adventurers
3- Valorian personalities (to include sluice masons)
4- Seated minis (tavern patrons)
5- Adventurers
6- humanoid Monsters
7- large single bad ass monsters
8- mounted minis
Last edited by GrumpyOne on Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Initial success or total failure"