KS6 First Teaser

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Re: KS6 First Teaser

Post by iceycat » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:47 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:39 pm
I still would be on board with a 2-part mini where the legs are attached by a peg; this could create both a seated version and a standing version.
:shock:

Yes please!

GrumpyOne
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GrumpyOne » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:22 am

Glad to here there will be a 'lite' option of the KS. The bean sculpts look amazing and I'm sure I'll 'cave' under pressure however with over 50 cavern sets already (between resin and Dwarvenite)...

Might be a good thing as I'm trying to build up on KS3 and KS4 that I had to miss out on when they ran.
Last edited by GrumpyOne on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Initial success or total failure"

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:04 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:25 am
I'm wondering if the ruins we saw but couldn't order from KS5 will be the sub-theme.
+24 for ruins

+24 for whole minis no sprues please
I am the Game and I want to Play

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:25 am

I'm wondering if the ruins we saw but couldn't order from KS5 will be the sub-theme.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Smogma
Orc
Orc

Post by Smogma » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:31 am

Also, what sort of "themed encounters" do you expect for KS6. Given what pieces we know have been suggested, knowing what types of pieces already exist for the caverns, taking into consideration how the Dungeon of Doom was structured, looking at what everyone has requested, I think we might have something like this:

[The Mines] (Maybe some tracks, cart, LED lantern walls)
[Crystal Caverns] (Maybe some type of LED twinkling gem walls)
[Water Caverns] (Water Caverns 2 pieces)
[Narrow Passages] (think: 'The Gauntlet' / 'Doomroller's Labyrinth' / 'The burrows')
[Ice Caverns] (additional Ice Caverns pieces)
[Elevations Room] (think: 'Gorgon Tiers' with elevation platform, etc.)
[Chasms] (think: negative space pieces w/terrain trays, similar to 'Lava Bridge' / 'Acid Bath')
[Lava Chamber] (Additional pieces of Lava Cavern / Lava River)
[Drow / Underdark Temple] (final 'Shrine of Sysuul' level, special pieces, maybe a giant Lolth type boss figure)

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by LordDust » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:28 am

I love being able to buy boxes of sprues or even leftovers or miscasts. Awesome for kit bashing all sorts of things together. I'm not sure that is the right direction for DF though. I don't think people usually come here looking for bits to customize. I think they come here for high quality modular terrain and for ready out of the box minis. If they do, I will likely try to get my hands on extra, but I'm not sure that is the way to go.

If they do figure out ways to make them simply modular that work though, that may do very well in my opinion. I would end up getting as many as I can sneak in the budget and likely affixing them together to make them less fiddly in the end, but the ability to customize them like that does appeal to me.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:39 pm

I still would be on board with a 2-part mini where the legs are attached by a peg; this could create both a seated version and a standing version.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:21 pm

One approach would be painted swappable heads along the lines of the AT-43 minis.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Rhizom
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Rhizom » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:49 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:21 pm
I definitely do not want pieces of minis. Whole minis please.
I second this! I want to paint them myself, but I do not want to assemble them. Whole minis please. :)

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:56 pm

Talistran wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:17 pm
pacarat wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:42 pm
poll answered...

one thing to consider might be to do a set with "generic" seated bodies and a set of separate "generic" heads. Do a sprue or two of half a dozen assorted heads, some with hats, some without. Do a half dozen styles of clothing/pose for the bodies.

Mix and match heads and bodies and you have potential for a whole lot of variety.

And of course both sexes are needed.

I would buy a lot more of this type of set, than one with fixed head/body. Variety is the priority for me.
I kind of hinted at this in the poll as well, but many of us don't paint miniatures. So, while I understand your desire, I'm not sure that DF is the best place for this type of request primarily because they don't seem to do "sprues" and "sprues" don't work with prepainted miniatures very well.

I'd buy some of those sprues though... I would just have to hire out the painting. :)
Headless bodies should be no different manufacturing-wise (other than the obvious Ichabod Crane look) than a regular mini. A head sprue is not much different dimensionally, than say a ladder - sprue is one side of the ladder, heads form the other side, connected by "rungs" to the long sprue.

And no worries, I can paint 'em for you... :)