KS6 Launch Date

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by Kryzsko » Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:17 pm

I think there are three factors that will likely make all these KS take a year pluss to fulfill:

1. The scope has increased tremendously and it just takes more time to make all this stuff.
2. The compexity has increased drasticaly and therefor there is more QA issues to be looked for and corrected.
3. They now hit Chinese New Year every year and all production stops and has to ramp back up.

I just don't see a nine month production cycle ever coming back. I think we are looking more at 13 to 14 months. That is just my guess.

Look at the Reaper Bones 4. They gave themselves a year and a half to deliver and it will still not surprise me if they are a few months late.

Seraphis the Bland
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:26 pm

Yeah, I trust that the KS will be fulfilled, it just seems to have a totally different feel waiting a year for it to arrive. Nine months didn't seem all THAT long. We'll see what the team comes up with. Maybe this will be the catalyst for the folks in China to come up with something innovative for production.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:39 am

I do hope the next one both runs and fulfills well.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:58 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:33 am
Not to worry folks! This time around Nate is fully in charge and he runs a well organized ship! We also rented an extra space in the building to help out with....stuff...Nina is also on top of everything as first mate! In fact everybody loves their jobs, is really great and motivated at what they do and the level of enthusiasm is through the roof! We have twice as much staff this year, so many hands on deck! ....Jeff is correct, the plan is to really have everything finished BEFORE Gen Con...which is only 4 days after all...so it's only 4 days where we are somewhat limited in flexibility (meaning no emergency sculpting for only 4 days) So no worries everybody...the ship is well manned...we also live in an age of text messages, emails and a thing called "slack" which is how we all stay in touch wherever we are...we actually work year round these days on Both the finished kickstarter AND the new one...it's gotten pretty complex, but we are 5 year PRO's at it now:) + over two decades of doing what we do...Keep the faith folks:)
It is funny. Whenever I read a post from Stefan I hear his voice in my head. I can not read one of his posts without hearing his voice in my head. It is so weird to me. It must be because I watch all the live streams and the Dwarvenaut.

I am sure the next campaign will be well run. I even like the ones you guys have done by the seat of your pants (makes things interesting).

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:02 pm

It sounds like the team has KS VI well in hand with the working name of the campaign "Caverns of Wallet Doom". I am really interested to see what the GENCON promotion will do to the final numbers.

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:11 pm

Hey do what you need to do. You have my trust and support! Thanks for letting us know so we can plan accordingly!

Spiropolous the Minotaur
Orc
Orc

Post by Spiropolous the Minotaur » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:33 am

Not to worry folks! This time around Nate is fully in charge and he runs a well organized ship! We also rented an extra space in the building to help out with....stuff...Nina is also on top of everything as first mate! In fact everybody loves their jobs, is really great and motivated at what they do and the level of enthusiasm is through the roof! We have twice as much staff this year, so many hands on deck! ....Jeff is correct, the plan is to really have everything finished BEFORE Gen Con...which is only 4 days after all...so it's only 4 days where we are somewhat limited in flexibility (meaning no emergency sculpting for only 4 days) So no worries everybody...the ship is well manned...we also live in an age of text messages, emails and a thing called "slack" which is how we all stay in touch wherever we are...we actually work year round these days on Both the finished kickstarter AND the new one...it's gotten pretty complex, but we are 5 year PRO's at it now:) + over two decades of doing what we do...Keep the faith folks:)

panzerfaust101
Kobold
Kobold

Post by panzerfaust101 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:11 am

Great news - the delay means I can ask for funding for this for my birthday!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:13 pm

We remember that KSIV was affected by SXSW but this year has a lot of differences.
One - is that GenCon is much bigger and could have a massive impact on backer numbers
Two - the team is bigger and we fully expect 24 hour presence on the KS comments (sorry Lady S and SirGeekJeff)
Three - more of the sculpts will be done, pictures taken and videos shot.

Would love to say it means we can save more funds for it, but usually some other KS pops up that forces us to back!

Bottom line we trust DF to deliver a stand out KS even by KSV standards.
I am the Game and I want to Play

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:59 am

I am ok either way, but any delay allows me more time to increase my potential fundage.

Regarding yearly vice bi-annual KS, I bet a big factor is finances. Can web store sales alone cover the biz expenses (payroll, warehousing, etc.)? I doubt it.