KS6 Launch Date

XarToth

Re: KS6 Launch Date

Post by XarToth » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:03 pm

Oh god, I was actually hoping for it to start before the KSV stuff arrived, that way the wife wouldn't know what I spent :D

Alkettory
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alkettory » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:51 pm

@Oldent,

One word: Jetpack.

:)

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:07 pm

As many have already said, the wait is fine - we all trust in DF! I also agree that having the KS actually running while at Gen Con could be an excellent way of pulling in some new blood and upping the backer numbers, which is the #1 main thing we need to keep this train barreling down the tracks :)

Can't wait to see all these BEANS you said you were going to spill over the next weeks and months!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:21 am

That is the one advantage for me. Once July ends, I am in summer vacation and try my best to post continuously.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Kryzsko
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Kryzsko » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:28 am

For me personally, July is a horrible time. We have a couple week long camping trip planned and we are busy every weekend. June was not a great time for me but July is worse. Oh well, I know the world does not revolve around me. I will likely just make a placeholder pledge and figure things out in the pledge manger.

I will miss hanging out in KS comment and participating in the live streams, but that’s the way it goes.

fstkfstk
Orc
Orc

Post by fstkfstk » Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:27 am

I'm curious to see how this turns out. Since July is my birth-month its an excellent excuse for me to go a little wilder. Or have blown all my money on house repairs and feel poor. Who knows?

I suspect the exposure at Gencon will be well worth it.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:18 am

natetaylor wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:05 pm
We are delaying the launch of KS6 until late July.

Here is our reasoning.
Makes sense I hope doing the Gencon thing will bring in more new blood.

I hope that this later start will allow the KS6 PM to stay open till October, that made all the difference in KS5 for me. While I normally like to pledge all I can during the DF KS I was not able to for KS5 and I am sure that a longer PM will help others even if I do not need it this year.

Knock on wood and pray for no more medical issues.

Blunderbuss
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Blunderbuss » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:49 am

Ah, too bad. Due to real life circumstances, July is a suboptimal month for me. I’ll be moving across the country that month, which is going to eat up a lot of my money. And when my wife and I finally get settled at our new place, we’re finally opening a joint bank account (after getting married this past October).

In addition to having objectively less money to work with due to the move, it will be harder for me to participate in a July Kickstarter to the extent that I would like to, as my spending will then be under greater scrutiny by the wife (whereas it would have been comparatively easy for me to quietly dump a bunch of my saved money in June).

But I trust that Dwarven Forge has weighed the pros and the cons extensively, and I trust them to do everything that they can to make KS VI as successful as possible. And when KS VI eventually does launch, they’ll have my full support as a fan, even if my financial support is somewhat limited.

Oldent
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Oldent » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:23 pm

I decided not to go to Gencon this year. I can't do the walking.I was thinking I could take a chair walker.I am afraid that a walker will not be practical in that big a crowd. The good thing will be that I can spend the money I save on the KS. Take lots of photos.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Seraphis the Bland
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:35 pm

Nate- thanks for the update. Hey, it takes as long as it takes. I'm not worried about trying to get back onto a predictable schedule by the calendar. I say bring on the KSs as they develop. One thing though, this year would have been easier to swallow if you tacked on one month to the estimated CNY so we didn't think we could avoid that. If there's really no way of getting around it, then let's plan for it and then we're still on schedule or even, dare I say, possible ahead of schedule for next KS? I would rather be given an over estimate of the shipping date and be pleasantly surprised then start with the optimistic date and be disappointed by delay. The Reaper KS this year gave a deliver estimate of like, 14 months if I remember correctly. I know you are all working very hard to deliver this KS and we all appreciate it. If KS6 resembles KS5, I'll likely be all in. P.S. You know, it's possible to stumble across a Magic Mouth in a cavern setting. Just saying. Or, some ruins. Yeah.
Last edited by Seraphis the Bland on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.