Other (List in Comments)
No votes

Total votes: 149

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Re: What minis do you MOST want?

Post by Talistran » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Either way, at least Stefan is able to see that more than 3 people wanted seated miniatures. More like 30% of DF fans want them as their PRIMARY choice, with far more having seated miniatures in their top three choices.

Animewarped
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Animewarped » Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:21 pm

That would be a good idea. So far we've had the opinion of a hand full of backers versus the almost 3000 backers that supported the last KS. Reach out and touch someone! Just not in a way that later leads to prosecution and probable jail time :D

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:11 am

While this poll is fine and all, I really feel that DF should send out an email survey to those who don't peruse the forums and see what minis their consumer base as a greater whole would like.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:11 am

kitenerd wrote:
Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:07 pm
DONE:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwarven-Forge- ... Sw8W5aWqdZ

BTW - Welcome back - We MISS You!!!!
Moi? Why, thank you!

I have the original DF orcs and they're hella fun. They're also a tad fragile, though. I'd love some Dwarvenite ones so I can handle them the way I do my lizardfolk and townsfolk. :)

Can't wait for ks6!

Feymous
Orc
Orc

Post by Feymous » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:26 pm

#1 Seated minis - as mentioned, because they're hard to find
#2 Townsfolk
#3 Dead Adventurers
#4 Valorian personalities

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:40 pm

The Dungeon of Doom should come with a pile of dead adventurers. Brings up the trepidation factor.

Max Rebo
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Max Rebo » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:36 pm

I have thousands of miniatures that cover a lot of ground. I ended up liking the DF villagers more than I thought I would originally. There was a definite problem with the proportions of some of them however. A few of them look like dwarves or halflings when I don't think that was the intent. I would be on board for more villagers.

That being said, most of the figures I will buy will be the one's I can't get elsewhere. The dead adventurers are a GREAT example of miniatures I would LOVE to have.

I think DF has a unique opportunity to make miniatures that interact with existing terrain. Sitting miniatures is a great example of that. They would make my tavern builds look so much better! Partially submerged figures (like the old lizardman ones) could also be cool.

Some different animals like mules, dogs and horses would also be useful. Yes we already have DF horses but we could always use a few different sculpts/poses.

As for miniatures of wizards, rogues and fighters? Meh. I mean I just have so many of them already. It would have to be an amazing sculpt for me to want it. I understand the desire to want to have those sorts of iconic figures in your line, I just personally am overwhelmed with figures like that.

If your so inclined to do the classic D&D monsters, give them unique poses. Female versions of orcs, goblins, gnolls and bugbears are pretty rare and could prove interesting.

Think outside of the box. Look at existing lines and note what's missing and then do those ones. That's what excites me. Of course I'm speaking as a person who has been collecting miniatures for over 20 years. A newbie may have the exact opposite opinion!

Best of luck!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:32 pm

Welcome to the forums, Running Wolf! :D
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:07 pm

DONE:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dwarven-Forge- ... Sw8W5aWqdZ

BTW - Welcome back - We MISS You!!!!
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:12 pm

Gah! I kinda want them all! Even basic adventurers - while those are plentiful from a million sources, the DF ones would rock!

I voted for seated minis bc those are harder to come by, and with all the taverns and inns and carriages I need a lot. Ditto prone figures for all those beds.

I also want more townsfolk and repeat the vote for generic ones that won't stand out so much if you have 5 of the same guy. I have two sets of DF townsfolk, which works on a large city bc I can spread them out and minimize the twins effect. But I doubt I'd get more bc of this issue.

And I'd love to see some large monsters!

Also - orcs! We've got amazing lizardfolk and imps and ratmen but the most classic fantasy bogeyman of all - I know it's dull and the DF team is like "ugh, boring" but a set of orcs would be amazing. Some of us have kids just coming to D&D who want to fight orcs! And the wotc ones are meh. I want classic 1e DF orcs!