KS6 First Teaser

Mushu_Green
Goblin
Goblin

Re: KS6 First Teaser

Post by Mushu_Green » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Max Rebo wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:50 pm
One of the things no one has brought up was the survey that DF sent out a while back. I think that gives us clues as where their minds are at. Using that as a starting point and following the DoD KS as a template, here's my guess as to what they will do.

I can see there being both new ice and lava pieces. It wouldn't surprise me to see new pieces sculpted specifically for each range. There will likely be unique encounters for each. There may be variant editions of certain other encounters available in ice or lava. Ice versions of the water tiles? That could be neat.

I can see there being an encounter (or two) hidden when the campaign launches. The big finale set could be the Drow Citadel set they asked about in the Kickstarter. It's a neat idea. I would think that it would be incredibly ornate with spider themed imagery. I also could see it being offered in two styles. The limited edition version would be similar to the jade Shrine of Syssuul set but in either black or purple.

Another possible set could be the Dwarven one they asked about in that survey. This one seems less likely to me but one I would LOVE to see. I've always been a dwarf guy.

Both ideas may seem out of the scope of this KS but the city KS saw the inclusion of sewers and the DoD one saw the inclusion of burrows. So neither of these seem out of the range of possibilities.

As for the new terrain trays, I've only come up with a few ideas as to what they may be. The first being simply solid black ones for pits. Another being spiderwebs or one big web. The last being like purple energy/fog to replicate Underdark magical energies. Possibly ice? This one has me curious.

I can see there being a set of cliff faces and rocky terrain similar to the mountain set. The expansion into more vertical builds is very exciting. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Anyways, that's my guesses. I may be wrong on all accounts. We shall see.
These sure would be nice.

I'm curious to see also what they will do for LED. Torches on the wall? Glowing crystals and mushroom?

Some luminescent painting for moss on the walls would be awesome as a custom paint for you crafty people !

GrumpyOne
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GrumpyOne » Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:25 pm

It will be interesting to see what they come up with for freestanding stalagmites. I've always liked the Hellscape plumes (MM-044-PL) and the Gale Force 9 3D Underdark terrain was a hit so I'm looking forward to seeing what the creative geniuses at DF come up with this time. I'm assuming they will come with magnets so having the ability to quickly set up/move around freestanding items on the terrain trays will be a plus.
"Initial success or total failure"

Max Rebo
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Max Rebo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:50 pm

One of the things no one has brought up was the survey that DF sent out a while back. I think that gives us clues as where their minds are at. Using that as a starting point and following the DoD KS as a template, here's my guess as to what they will do.

I can see there being both new ice and lava pieces. It wouldn't surprise me to see new pieces sculpted specifically for each range. There will likely be unique encounters for each. There may be variant editions of certain other encounters available in ice or lava. Ice versions of the water tiles? That could be neat.

I can see there being an encounter (or two) hidden when the campaign launches. The big finale set could be the Drow Citadel set they asked about in the Kickstarter. It's a neat idea. I would think that it would be incredibly ornate with spider themed imagery. I also could see it being offered in two styles. The limited edition version would be similar to the jade Shrine of Syssuul set but in either black or purple.

Another possible set could be the Dwarven one they asked about in that survey. This one seems less likely to me but one I would LOVE to see. I've always been a dwarf guy.

Both ideas may seem out of the scope of this KS but the city KS saw the inclusion of sewers and the DoD one saw the inclusion of burrows. So neither of these seem out of the range of possibilities.

As for the new terrain trays, I've only come up with a few ideas as to what they may be. The first being simply solid black ones for pits. Another being spiderwebs or one big web. The last being like purple energy/fog to replicate Underdark magical energies. Possibly ice? This one has me curious.

I can see there being a set of cliff faces and rocky terrain similar to the mountain set. The expansion into more vertical builds is very exciting. I can't wait to see what they come up with.

Anyways, that's my guesses. I may be wrong on all accounts. We shall see.

Valorian_Seneschal
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:28 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:50 am
While I was looking at this pic I came up with a cool/cruel idea for DF to release more teaser pics but still not show too much.

If they take a photo of a piece and then cut the pic up electronically into say twelve pieces and randomly post one of seven pics each day for a week. We will get the fun/exasperation of trying to figure out what it is. At the end of the week we still won't have a full picture, but we will have a good guess at what it looks like.
Good idea :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:12 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:08 pm
I disagree; they are great for spell effects. Not so much for scenery, but do great for AOE markings for web.
I hadn't thought to use them like that. That's a good idea, I like them better now. :D

kodiakbear
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:50 am

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:25 pm
I have been authorized to release a bean! Elye (GriffinTamer) is working on the most mind blowing epic piece of all time, here is a picture!Image
While I was looking at this pic I came up with a cool/cruel idea for DF to release more teaser pics but still not show too much.

If they take a photo of a piece and then cut the pic up electronically into say twelve pieces and randomly post one of seven pics each day for a week. We will get the fun/exasperation of trying to figure out what it is. At the end of the week we still won't have a full picture, but we will have a good guess at what it looks like.

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:52 pm

I, too, am confused as to why there's so much grumpiness around the webs....

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:22 pm

Hey! I like those webs!
If you don't want them, send them to me.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:08 pm

I disagree; they are great for spell effects. Not so much for scenery, but do great for AOE markings for web.
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Post by fnordfriendly » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:49 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:43 pm
Actually, much as I disliked the webs in KSII I am hoping for a spider themed encounter this time around.
Yeah, those KS2 webs were pretty bad. The best spiderwebs are either cast onto the piece, or the stretchy cottony stuff we use for halloween decorations.