KS6 First Teaser

fnordfriendly
Orc
Orc

Re: KS6 First Teaser

Post by fnordfriendly » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:52 pm

Yes!!! I love to see people working with clay. Sculpting in and of itself is such a beautiful art. As to what we're seeing? No idea... I'm sure it's gonna rock though.

Valorian_Seneschal
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:25 pm

I have been authorized to release a bean! Elye (GriffinTamer) is working on the most mind blowing epic piece of all time, here is a picture!Image
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

mazesmonsters
Kobold
Kobold

Post by mazesmonsters » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:27 pm

natetaylor wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:14 pm
You ready for some official info about KS6? Here goes...
Thank you so much, Stefan, Nate & Team!

I am beyond excited that caverns are the next theme (EC= "Epic Caverns"? My guess), and I am definitely waiting with bated breath, hoping beyond hope for crystalline caverns, subterranean horrors, expanded water offerings, switchbacks and stairs, and of course, RUINS.

Somehow I'll learn to survive on beans alone until the Jan/Feb restock... and then the April shipments from KS5... Zaltar give me strength.

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by iceycat » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:23 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:59 pm
Seated Figures: I believe I had asked Forumites to send their wishes for seated figures to: dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com and only 3 people did so...so we can't justify doing them. WE COULD BE WRONG though?
Anime, can you create one of those Polls? Who wants seated figures?
Pose it like this:
What minis do you most want:

Adventurers
humanoid Monsters
large single bad ass monsters
villagers/townsfolk
dead adventurers
Valorian personalities (from our modules and future ones-some from other companies which take place in Mythras)
Seated minis (tavern patrons)
mounted minis (adventurers capable of sitting on various mounts)

any other categories we can think of?

Thank you!
I'm most interested in humanoid monsters (not skeleton/orc/goblin which are super common) but rarer ones in the mini world that are still semi common in the D&D encounter scheme of things. Such as bugbear, mold men, thri-kreen, hobgoblins, bullywugs, etc. You guys do such a good job with tribes of minis with lizardmen, ratmen, kobolds,etc. Though the last one with the burrow bugs and reavers was weird because it was just such a mix up of various minis and I much prefer that "tribe" style. Like I like the reaver insects but the set only came with like 2.

While I do like villagers/townsfolk...I mean you guys do already have a line of them we can buy. Guess people just want even more of them? I'd like to see an expansion of a few of them too I suppose. I like the idea of Valorian personalities. A judge, a tax collector, a jailer, a dock worker or two, an innkeeper, etc.

If there are some seated/dead minis. (dead monster minis are cool too though) Maybe one set of 8-10 minis, some seated and some dead?

Talistran
Orc
Orc

Post by Talistran » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:04 am

Animewarped wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:19 am
I say we start speculation on KSXVII... I like to believe we will all still be here in 2029 arguing over what MIGHT be released in the next KS :lol:
How long did it take you to figure out what year KS 17 should be held?

Took me a while ;)

Mushu_Green
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Mushu_Green » Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:15 am

One bean per week until the start of the kickstarter? :D

Bean Monday? :D

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:30 am

Valorian_Seneschal wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 pm
The whole team has been sculpting nearly non stop since November. It is hard to come in here and not spill all the beans. 🙂 It was wonderful reading through all your comments and speculation!
Please? Just one wafer thin bean...what harm could it do?? :D

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:07 am

Animewarped wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:00 am
Back to dungeon 4.0.... self randomizing dungeons with AI minis. Anew adventure every time!
Once AI has sterilized the world of humans, why would they need to make AI Minis ? ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:06 am

What I would like to see most is:

4x4 pieces - a lot faster to set up
All pieces in a complete square - to be able to use them also inside setups.
Cavern ledges - I got extras of the ledges in KSV. Negative space is the build I like best for rivers and such.
Everything with magnetizing option - this is super important to me.
If realistically possible, “glossy” terrain trays for water, instead of mousepad finish. There are some freelance doing such things, and I think it looks super-cool. I am actually going to do my own water (starting from metal plates, then painting and using nail-enamel on them - unless DF does them).

Cheers!

Animewarped
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Animewarped » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:00 am

Back to dungeon 4.0.... self randomizing dungeons with AI minis. Anew adventure every time!