What did you order !!!!

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Re: What did you order !!!!

Post by LadySabelle » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:10 pm

Otto Manchesterfield wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:59 pm
Oh man, I would love to, but I don't think I could justify it without paring back on my KS pledge somewhat. Tough call!
The KS prices are the best they will ever be. So if you have to drop your pledge, it's not worth getting the older stuff, IMO.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

Otto Manchesterfield
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Otto Manchesterfield » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:59 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:41 pm

Otto, while you're waiting for this stuff to ship by April, why not go to the online DF store sometime in the near future and make an order for some classic KS1 dungeon tiles?
Oh man, I would love to, but I don't think I could justify it without paring back on my KS pledge somewhat. Tough call!

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:32 pm

Otto Manchesterfield wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:52 pm
Everything painted, no magnets. I'm a new collector. Please feel free to comment :)

My initial pledge was for the following:
1x Zaltar's Gameroom
1x Deadly Corners
1x Eldritch Pools

Considering adding the following while the pledge manager is open:
1x Gauntlet
1x Wall of Force
1x Curved Dais
1x Double Doors
1x Ledges

The Gauntlet was a tossup with Arcane Alcove. I wanted to get a few passage pieces to play with. I was also interested in the wall of force, manacles, and spike trap. Ultimately I think I've decided to go the more expensive route and get the gauntlet, which will give me some flame traps, spear wall and nets as an added bonus and pick up the wall of force separately.

I can see myself using the dais pieces a lot. I passed over the double doors initially since my pledge already included a handful, but I felt like the three unique doors it includes would be an easy way to change the flavour of a dungeon or signal a boss encounter.

The ledges are a bit of a last minute addition to give me the option of negative space builds. Not 100% sold yet. I'm a big fan of the ossuary arches and golem walls, but alas my budget is not.
Definitely add the Double Doors. With the option of removing the doors, adding the different doors, using city builder walls in them, those are an amazingly flexible add on. And the price?! Crazy cheap.
If your budget allows, you may want to look at a set of the straight dais too, and dais platforms.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:20 pm

My pledge is to augment my existing sets. I have plenty of dungeon sets already, both resin and dwarvenite. I think this will give me some nice variety to add around the table. I have to say, I am very eager to get my elevation platforms and the round large walls!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (86.26 KiB) Viewed 959 times

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 pm

Nice pledge. I would say definitely go for double doors - great value there. Negative space builds can be really interesting and totally change up the feel of the pieces - I say go for it! :)

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:41 pm

The Double Doors are, hands down, the best deal in the whole KS.

Otto, while you're waiting for this stuff to ship by April, why not go to the online DF store sometime in the near future and make an order for some classic KS1 dungeon tiles? As least you'll have a chance to play around with the basic wall/floor/corner/door pieces, and you know they will integrate perfectly with KS5 when you receive it.

Otto Manchesterfield
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Otto Manchesterfield » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:52 pm

Everything painted, no magnets. I'm a new collector. Please feel free to comment :)

My initial pledge was for the following:
1x Zaltar's Gameroom
1x Deadly Corners
1x Eldritch Pools

Considering adding the following while the pledge manager is open:
1x Gauntlet
1x Wall of Force
1x Curved Dais
1x Double Doors
1x Ledges

The Gauntlet was a tossup with Arcane Alcove. I wanted to get a few passage pieces to play with. I was also interested in the wall of force, manacles, and spike trap. Ultimately I think I've decided to go the more expensive route and get the gauntlet, which will give me some flame traps, spear wall and nets as an added bonus and pick up the wall of force separately.

I can see myself using the dais pieces a lot. I passed over the double doors initially since my pledge already included a handful, but I felt like the three unique doors it includes would be an easy way to change the flavour of a dungeon or signal a boss encounter.

The ledges are a bit of a last minute addition to give me the option of negative space builds. Not 100% sold yet. I'm a big fan of the ossuary arches and golem walls, but alas my budget is not.

Alphyns
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Alphyns » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:31 pm

If we are talking about interventions and maybe a group deal on therapy -- please sign me up. I'm fairly certain I've taken a year or two off of my marriage or my life with this one.

Painting a Sorceror's Sanctum, a bunch of ruins, and a gatehouse upgrade have made me shy away a bit from painting this time around.

1x Level IV (painted, no magnets)
1x Jade Shrine (painted, no magnets)
1x Fanatics Trove (painted, no magnets)
1x Marble Emperor's Palace (painted, no magnets)

I don't magnetize the bases of my minis. But I also can't justify replacing all of my acrylic "encounter prebuild sheets" with metal sheets; much less trays. So, after much deliberation I backed off from getting everything magnetized. While that would be less than $100, I'd rather be able to point to not getting them and claim "restraint."

There is a part of me that is thinking about going back in for an unpainted Wicked Dungeon Trove. The idea being that this set would fill in some of the gaps in the collection while also getting some extra secret doors. Well, I've still got until 8 October to figure that one out. Right?

bernyleung
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by bernyleung » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:50 pm

Wow, GDBroker, talk about a successful upsell!

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:58 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:40 pm
Yeah it is more than a little alarming. Just like when I see a DoD with add-ons. Who needs add-ons with a 3000 dollar purchase. I think I'm in a more minor league with DF.
I blame Stefan, and Nate and everyone else damnit! :mrgreen: