Elevation Tray Revisions

jackattack
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Elevation Tray Revisions

Post by jackattack » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:30 pm

natetaylor wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:16 pm
The base piece of the Elevation Platform has a plain 12x12 dungeon floor grid with no knot work.
Is the lid textured on one side, or both sides?
Could it be textured on both sides? Could the other side be 12x12 with no knotwork or geometric pattern?

Is the base textured on the inside of the box, or the outside?
natetaylor wrote:
That should serve your purposes for Castle elevation.
The lid will be decorative, since it is more of a stand-alone platform.
I don't need the lid to be decorative. I would prefer it without the knotwork, and I would strongly prefer it without the geometric pattern in the center square. If I need a focal point for an elevation or a large floor, I prefer to add it myself on an as-needed basis rather than being committed to one arbitrarily chosen design permanently etched into the piece.

Plus, it's far easier to get players to accept the mental addition of details that aren't physically present than it is to convince players to ignore extraneous details that are.
Favorite Pieces: Chasms, 45 Degree Passages, River & Lava Banks, Ledges, Large Curved Walls, Elevation Arch

Rabbit Burner
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:05 pm

Top Job :)
Pledged for 5 of these bad boys but got a really bad feeling that as soon as I get them I will wish I ordered more!
I am the Game and I want to Play

subtalon
Kobold
Kobold

Post by subtalon » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Thanks for the revision update. I like the floor update, it allows you a lot more options for elevation. Even without it being done, it makes me want to get a lot of these.

lostpict
Ogre
Ogre

Post by lostpict » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:31 pm

These look great to me. Thanks for the revision.
Last edited by lostpict on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:23 pm

natetaylor wrote:
The base piece of the Elevation Platform has a plain 12x12 dungeon floor grid with no knot work. That should serve your purposes for Castle elevation.

Excellent, that works for me.

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by natetaylor » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:16 pm

The base piece of the Elevation Platform has a plain 12x12 dungeon floor grid with no knot work. That should serve your purposes for Castle elevation.

Archimagus
Orc
Orc

Post by Archimagus » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:02 pm

Oh please no decorative knot work. Was planning to use this as castle bases for the elevation and would prefer that are just stonework. Have plenty of other pieces coming with the knot work.

szabbran
Goblin
Goblin

Post by szabbran » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:57 pm

Very cool, thanks Nate! The new design sounds great, I like this a lot. I know you all were working on how to make sure these were as structurally sound as possible while still maximizing storage space. I'll be very interested to see how the inside ends up looking. Space is definitely one of my big constraints with DF so the more I can fit, the more of these I can justify picking up :)

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Thanks, Nate!
106 Resin and 145 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

natetaylor
Ogre
Ogre

Elevation Tray Revisions

Post by natetaylor » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Unfortunately at the time of the PM launch, we don't have new prototypes in hand for the Elevation Tray.

I've attached some blueprint sketches below, and a few pictures of an outdated mock-up. We'll get some photos up when we have a working prototype in hand.

In the meantime, here's a quick description of the revisions:
  • The new lid will have three steps, the bottom of which is the height of a normal floor. This means it'll fit in line with other tiles (and it'll still look good if you can place it on top of other tiles).
  • The top of the lid will have an 11x11 floor on it.
  • The perimeter of the lid floor will have the same decorative knot work found on the large floors and daises.The center will have some sort of geometric design, which we haven't designed yet.
  • One side of the lid will have a small flat area where you can place a label sticker when using it for storage.
  • The base and lid have new sculpts. The stone work is a little more irregular and weathered. And it features larger stones at the corners, much like the Castle Builder walls.