What did you order !!!!

Bloodless

Re: What did you order !!!!

Post by Bloodless » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:27 pm

Thank you for the welcome, terrain trays are on the list of maybe. I kickstarted the GameAnywhere Table which has a full magnetic playing surface so i wanted to see how that would play with the pieces and the terrain trays i have before i got a lot more if them. I have a small fear that putting the terrain tray down will make it very hard to pick up again on a metal table because of all the magnets

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:37 am

Bloodless wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:10 am
Let me know what you all think, and if there is anything awesome i missed out on so i can set my sights on it.
Welcome to the forums!

Concur with bernyleung that a Dungeon of Doom ++ pledge will not leave you missing anything awesome :-).

Your vast array of marble daises and other marble pieces will let you make a palace fit for any emperor!

One thing I did notice-- if you are getting everything magnetized, you will probably be in the market for more terrain trays down the road. I am really looking forward to these trays myself.

Hope you can show some of your builds after all the awesome stuff arrives next year.
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

bernyleung
Ogre
Ogre

Post by bernyleung » Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:23 am

Bloodless wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:10 am
Let me know what you all think, and if there is anything awesome i missed out on so i can set my sights on it.
With a huge pledge like this, how can you perceive that you "missed" anything? It's awesome!

Welcome to the Forums!

Bloodless

Post by Bloodless » Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:10 am

Hello everyone nice to meet you all, ive been an avid forum reader for about a year.
Here is what i got., i don't know if i made the optimum choices, but i got what i thought was cool. I have very limited dungeon pieces and most of what i have is castles. Let me know what you all think, and if there is anything awesome i missed out on so i can set my sights on it.

1x Dungeon of Doom - Painted - Include Pre-installed Magnets for all Encounters & Shrine of Sysuul (Standard Paint)(reward)Reward
Reward Upgrades$3,600.00
+$115.30 1x Encounter Area 7: Gorgon Tiers - Painted - Include Pre-Installed Magnets for Terrain Trays$352.32
1x Encounter Area 12: Dais of the Dead - Painted - Include Pre-Installed Magnets for Terrain Trays$185.92
2x Encounter Area 14: Khri Colony - Painted - Include Pre-Installed Magnets for Terrain Trays$912.54
3x Epic Stairs - Painted$81.00
2x Emperor's Palace Mega Pack - Marble Ltd Ed - Painted - Include Pre-Installed Magnets for Terrain Trays$573.20
1x Dais Platforms (Marble Ltd Ed) - Painted$31.00
1xStraight Daises (Marble Ltd Ed) - Painted$50.00
2xDungeon Bridge - Unpainted$88.00
1xDouble Doors - Painted - Include Pre-Installed Magnets for Terrain Trays$23.40

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:33 am

I have never had beer but I had a couple wine coolers in college 30 years ago, so I guess it is still technically after a few wine coolers.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

geekjeff
Ogre
Ogre

Post by geekjeff » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:33 pm

In the really up close pics, the prototypes of the Remastered Classic pieces really do look quite a bit nicer in my opinion. Cleaner, sharper bricks, nicer floors.

From 4 or 5 feet away - especially after a couple of beers - I think most of us would be hard pressed to spot the difference though. They really do blend in pretty well. Which is good, and the intention.

LadySabelle
Ogre
Ogre

Post by LadySabelle » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:07 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 pm
I skipped the classic core as I bought a couple sets form the webstore at the same time, figuring the older ones were good enough and I could get them far faster. I really saw no difference in the pictures and saw no explanation form DF as to why they were better buys.
The 2 biggest differences were the floor edges and the magnet port on the bottom. If you don't want the magnets are are less likely to multi-level builds where the floor edge matters, then you can skip the new classic core.
Unless I specifically state that my information is directly from Valoria, my comments are just my own opinions.
http://ladysabelledesigns.com/

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:00 pm

I skipped the classic core as I bought a couple sets form the webstore at the same time, figuring the older ones were good enough and I could get them far faster. I really saw no difference in the pictures and saw no explanation form DF as to why they were better buys.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

bernyleung
Ogre
Ogre

Post by bernyleung » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:19 pm

combs1ng wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:24 pm
Why do you say the watchtower? Is it because it can represent a generic tower in numerous scenarios?
Isn't it great when you can give a great answer within the very question you make? ;)

Danielg1992
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Danielg1992 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:36 am

I hope a lot of newcomers got that remastered classic core it was a great deal.... looking at it better then a set of ks1 if you wanted a siZeable basic dungeon you could get that and a bunch bling make something super cool
I just wanna make the tomb of horrors with dwarvenite