Re: What did you order !!!!

Post by Swiftbrook » Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:05 pm

bernyleung wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:32 am
Harneloot wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:58 am
panzerfaust101 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:36 am
hopefully this will give me enough variety.. though im still thinking about adding large curved walls and im still trying to figure out if the advanced dungeon builder is a worthwhile add on... any thoughts on these 2 additional purchases?
I would say no to Advanced Builder and YES to large curved walls. :)
Double doors! Double doors! Double doors!
Double Doors is a really good deal. However, since this is your first DF purchase, I would spend my money someplace else. You are already getting Double Doors with Wooden doors in Deadly Corners, as well as Grand Vaulted Wall and Double Doors with Wooden Doors in Zaltar's Gameroom. So, do you need a room with four sets of double doors, or do you want just a variety of double door styles?

Also, for about the price of the Advanced Builder you can get two Curved Wall sets and have some left over cash for another purchase like Curved Dias, Cages (or Double Doors :-) ).

panzerfaust101
Kobold
Kobold

Post by panzerfaust101 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Thanks for the Advice guys!

bernyleung
Ogre
Ogre

Post by bernyleung » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:32 am

Harneloot wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:58 am
panzerfaust101 wrote:
hopefully this will give me enough variety.. though im still thinking about adding large curved walls and im still trying to figure out if the advanced dungeon builder is a worthwhile add on... any thoughts on these 2 additional purchases?
Double doors! Double doors! Double doors!

Vegomatic
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Vegomatic » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:15 am

I am definitely getting all the pieces that compose the large curved walls and advanced builder sets (whether it be from the named sets or from the content of other sets). The option to make rooms of unusual shape and/or fit a 1" grid are very compelling to me. I have not finalized my selections yet, but the content of those sets are on my must have list. The lever room has many of those pieces... decisions... decisions...

pacarat
Ogre
Ogre

Post by pacarat » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:33 am

I'm getting multiples (12 LCW, 2 ADB) of both...so yeah.

dice4hire
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by dice4hire » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:45 am

I totally agree.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:58 am

panzerfaust101 wrote:
Hey guys - this was my first time with dwarven forge though ive coveted it for years.

I guess im a mid range backer - I love dungeon crawls and I want enough to make a basic dungeon.

I purchased

zaltars gameroom
arcane alcoves
deadly corners
remasterd classic dungon core set x 2
passagway walls
passageway inetsections
ledges
cages
dias platforms

panzerfaust101
Kobold
Kobold

Post by panzerfaust101 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:36 am

Hey guys - this was my first time with dwarven forge though ive coveted it for years.

I guess im a mid range backer - I love dungeon crawls and I want enough to make a basic dungeon.

I purchased

zaltars gameroom
arcane alcoves
deadly corners
remasterd classic dungon core set x 2
passagway walls
passageway inetsections
ledges
cages
dias platforms

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Swiftbrook wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm
Well, I'm the other end of the spectrum from what has been posted. Tiny Budget Backer!

I already own two sets of KS1 and the stretch goals which I picked up on Ebay for a reasonable cost. I've added to that a few pounds of KS1 stretch goal pieces that I cherry picked at the Dwarven Forge GenCon booth (stairs, 1x1 risers, columns). Now that was a good deal!

So on a small scale, I have the basics covered. To this I'm going to add:

Build Your Own Dungeon ($10)
Arcane Alcove ($56)
The Fanatic's Trove ($99)
Double Doors ($14)
Cages ($15)

I may add Curved Daises (even on my budget this isn't adding a lot for some useful pieces)
I have thought about adding Doors but I only really need the Dungeon Trapdoor Floor and Reinforced Lattice Trapdoor and I really can't justify the cost.

So my total is $194 and for me that's $44 over my budget. Like I said, I'm a Tiny Budget Backer.
Hey, it takes all kinds AND you will still a good amount of awesome 3d terrain to wow your players with! 8-)

Swiftbrook
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Swiftbrook » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Well, I'm the other end of the spectrum from what has been posted. Tiny Budget Backer!

I already own two sets of KS1 and the stretch goals which I picked up on Ebay for a reasonable cost. I've added to that a few pounds of KS1 stretch goal pieces that I cherry picked at the Dwarven Forge GenCon booth (stairs, 1x1 risers, columns). Now that was a good deal!

So on a small scale, I have the basics covered. To this I'm going to add:

All Unpainted, No Magnets edited
Build Your Own Dungeon ($10)
Arcane Alcove ($56)
The Fanatic's Trove ($99)
Double Doors ($14)
Cages ($15)

I may add Curved Daises (even on my budget this isn't adding a lot for some useful pieces)
I have thought about adding Doors but I only really need the Dungeon Trapdoor Floor and Reinforced Lattice Trapdoor and I really can't justify the cost.

So my total is $194 and for me that's $44 over my budget. Like I said, I'm a Tiny Budget Backer.
Last edited by Swiftbrook on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.